SYNC 2.3 UPGARDE FORD FOCUS ELECTRIC 2016

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saifadwan

Hello dears !

Im trying to upgrade my SYNC 3 firmware on a FFE 2016 but for unknown reason i cannot download the SYNC 3 Version number 2.3 from ford's website due to errors.

Im kindly asking if anyone could share a clean uploaded file for this upgrade ? and specifically for this type of vehicle ?

I believe this is the build/firmware number but not sure though ! :

Sync 3 JL1T-14G381-AJ SYNC3 v2.3

Plese help :( :(

I was trying to upgrade my 2017 and got an error as well. I ended up calling Ford and a guy said the Sync self-service upgrade system is offline for maintenance through January 8th (tomorrow).

He seemed to indicate that if the car was connected to wifi overnight while charging that it will eventually upgrade itself by downloading chunks of the update each night, but could take two weeks or more to fully download everything.

So I might try the manual update system later this week. Sounds like the update is really large though.

Got Sync updated to version 2.3 tonight via the manual method on the owners.ford.com website - just used an 8 GB USB stick. It really only needs a 2GB or 4GB, the files are about 1.8GB when expanded.

I haven't noticed any difference in the buttons, layout, or behavior of the system.

Back