Official Sync 3 v2.3 update

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shniestEV

I just noticed that owner.ford.com listed my vehicle as having a Sync3 upgrade available. There didn't seem to be much details of what the upgrade includes but did mention I needed to do it via USB.
I have gone ahead and downloaded the update and will proceed with the upgrade this evening.

I just thought I would update everyone in case they have not seen it yet and are currently on v2.2.
https://owner.ford.com/

Cheers!

i rememeber this varying due to USB stick used and such... but this time took over an hour to actually complete. :roll:
Anyways... now showing version 2.3 but i didn't notice anything new or different yet and I still have an issue with Sirius channel listings.

I did notice there is an unofficial v3.0 flying around out there... maybe i should try that...

Hello,

I have also noticed that my web profile is showing the Sync 3 v2.3 update.
Unfortunately I have tried too many times to do it with a USB drive and I always get this error message : Installation error LST_ERR05.
I have tried with a 120 GB USB Drive and a 32 GB USB drive and i got the error message all the time.

I have also tried to proceed by wifi and the update is not showing up even after a master reset.

3 hours later I have decided to abandon and wait for the 3.0 update....

Joey

I first tried with 8 GB stick and got an error, then tried old 2 GB and it worked. After couple minutes it showed message that sync is updating and it finished in about half an hour.

Hello,

I have installed Sync 3 v3.0 this morning on my ride to work. I have formatted an old 8 GB USB drive and followed the instructions on the other forums (FocusRS and Mustang6G).

It took about 30 minutes. When I drove back to home tonight, the installation was not working properly so I did a master reset. It took about 5 minutes to reset, Sync 3 Navigation Maps were not loading but Carplay was working fine.
I was happy to notice that Ford now send information to Carplay when the lithium battery is running low. Unfortunately Apple Maps has displayed a pop up message that my car needed gas. Ford did not take the effort to specify that it is an Electric car. They did not update the POI Gas search button like other electric cars do with CarPlay.

At home, I have waited about an hour before starting my car. Sync 3 Navigation Maps now work. I was surprised to see that almost all my Sirius XM services were active, except the Charging Stations and Audio features.

I have a long drive tomorrow so I will be able to tell you more about the Sync 3 Navigation feature and CarPlay.

Thanks.

joeyfraser said:
Hello,

I have installed Sync 3 v3.0 this morning on my ride to work. I have formatted an old 8 GB USB drive and followed the instructions on the other forums (FocusRS and Mustang6G).

It took about 30 minutes. When I drove back to home tonight, the installation was not working properly so I did a master reset. It took about 5 minutes to reset, Sync 3 Navigation Maps were not loading but Carplay was working fine.
I was happy to notice that Ford now send information to Carplay when the lithium battery is running low. Unfortunately Apple Maps has displayed a pop up message that my car needed gas. Ford did not take the effort to specify that it is an Electric car. They did not update the POI Gas search button like other electric cars do with CarPlay.

At home, I have waited about an hour before starting my car. Sync 3 Navigation Maps now work. I was surprised to see that almost all my Sirius XM services were active, except the Charging Stations and Audio features.

I have a long drive tomorrow so I will be able to tell you more about the Sync 3 Navigation feature and CarPlay.

Thanks.
Note that since version 3.0 isn't fully released yet many of your issues may be addressed by the time it is.

joeyfraser said:
Good News! Apple Maps now displays Charging Station instead of Gas Station!
:D

Not for me. :( Maybe it depends on your location?

I installed the update last night, primarily to see this change. I can still "find charging stations" through Siri, but the "Destinations" list still shows the pumps.

joeyfraser said:
I have installed Sync v3 3.0. I did not have the charging station icon on 2.3. :cry:
Ah, okay. I'll have to wait awhile longer. (I guess I'm getting old: I have no desire to run beta software anymore, even on my computer.)

Hi all,
I just updated my Sync to version 2.3, it took about 20 minutes. How can I get version 3? and most importantly, what are the differences between 2.2, 2.3, and 3? Thanks

3.0 is not an official release. You can find more info on the mustang forum: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41251

I have notice a small improvement on the automatic brightness feature. It is more responsive than 2.2.

Back