Charge port light bar not remembering setting

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exPHAT

Hey everyone,

I picked up my 2017 FFE a few weeks ago and have noticed a problem with the light bar next to the charge port.

If I go into vehicle settings and set the charge port light to LIMITED, when I plug in, it does what it's supposed to, only show charging status when door is open or I press unlock button.

But after a while (lets say next night that I plug in), the light bar forgets its setting and stays on whenever charging (as if I had set it back to ON). If you go into vehicle settings again it still says LIMITED, and if I click on it a second time to reselect it, everything works as normal.

Has anyone else had this problem? Not sure if its specific to 2017 or if the ring style has it too.

Thanks!

exPHAT said:
Hey everyone,

I picked up my 2017 FFE a few weeks ago and have noticed a problem with the light bar next to the charge port.

If I go into vehicle settings and set the charge port light to LIMITED, when I plug in, it does what it's supposed to, only show charging status when door is open or I press unlock button.

But after a while (lets say next night that I plug in), the light bar forgets its setting and stays on whenever charging (as if I had set it back to ON). If you go into vehicle settings again it still says LIMITED, and if I click on it a second time to reselect it, everything works as normal.

Has anyone else had this problem? Not sure if its specific to 2017 or if the ring style has it too.

Thanks!
I've never changed that setting so I can't confirm yet. I'll try to remember and try this.

Hi,

I have the same problem on my FFE 2017.
It would be nice if Ford could fix this issue. It would avoid us to replace the lights...

joeyfraser said:
Hi,

It would be nice if Ford could fix this issue. It would avoid us to replace the lights...
Why would you have to replace the lights? Are these not LEDs?

spirilis said:
joeyfraser said:
Hi,

I had taken mine to the dealership, they said they're not sure if it's something they can fix. Looks like it is a software issue.

spirilis said:
joeyfraser said:
Hi,

————

I read on this forum that some FFE had to replace some LEDs after a couple of years!

joeyfraser said:
spirilis said:
joeyfraser said:
Hi,

————

I read on this forum that some FFE had to replace some LEDs after a couple of years!
Well shoot! Guess I may have to break out the hot air rework and/or soldering iron someday...

Back