Ford parts catalogs for 2017 FFE not up to date

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas FFE

The air conditioner on my 2017 FFE quit working so I took it into the dealer. The dealer went through two refrigerant hoses before he decided Ford was sending him the wrong hose even though it had the right part number based on the catalog. It looks like Ford hasn't updated their 2017 parts catalog for the FFE, which doesn't really surprise me since the diagram of the charge door in the 2017 catalog still shows the charge door of the 2016 FFE.

Update: my dealer told me that Ford went to a different refrigerant in the 2017 Focus but my 2017 Focus Electric was built using the 2016 refrigerant and related hoses. So that's why they kept ordering the wrong hoses. My FFE appears to be one of the first 2017 Ford Focuses built so there supposedly was a refrigerant change after mine was built.

Smoking_Rubber said:
What is the build date of your FFE? Did you order it or was it on the lot? When did you take ownership?

I bought the car "certified" back in June of 2017. I'm not sure about the actual "build" date but the "sale" date, based on my warranty information, was September of 2016, which was a good six months before the 2017 models made it onto any dealer lots. The dealer a bought my FFE from said my car was a early demonstrator driven by a Ford executive, so I'm not surprised it has a few odd ball parts.

Back