Automating the brake control....

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiva_me

I am doing a research project related to automating the brake control in ford focus electric..i have seen other people do this and so wanted to try it myself...When you press the brake pedal, sensors are activated and the hydraulic brakes are controlled both mechanically and electrically...What I was told was that if we can generate and send your own signals related to the brake angle position sensor (which sits on top of the brake pedal assembly), then brakes can be controlled electronically to an extent...so this is what I tried and for some reason it has not worked yet...

Do any of you shed some light on this...how can you electronically control the brakes? For example, what are the sensors connected to the Braking system module? Are there other sensors I need to emulate? I know this brake by wire is definitely possible in Ford fusion and Lincoln and people have been successful with Focus also...so when you brake by wire, what are you actually controlling? is there a electric motor that does this job?

Any suggestions are welcome...

Back