AC not using heater to regulate temp in 2017 model?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrispy294ss

I'm so use to my 2013 that I never thought until 2 days ago to turn up temp setting as the AC was blowing very cold.
With my right display setting showing 'climate ' I felt the air less cold while the climate gauge did not climb....
Could it be they smartened up and regulated some hot outside air into the cabin and not use the resistance heater as my 2013 does?
Cheers
Chris

Chrispy294ss said:
I'm so use to my 2013 that I never thought until 2 days ago to turn up temp setting as the AC was blowing very cold.
With my right display setting showing 'climate ' I felt the air less cold while the climate gauge did not climb....
Could it be they smartened up and regulated some hot outside air into the cabin and not use the resistance heater as my 2013 does?
Cheers
Chris
My first experience with the FFE is my new 2017, but I tried turning the temp up to 80F and didn't notice the GOM battery range drop. Was expecting that based on reading others' reports here. Does the FFE's heater system use scavenged waste heat from the motor/inverter/charger? (Also on that note, does the battery have its own separate coolant loop or does it intermingle with the rest of the components?)

spirilis said:
Chrispy294ss said:
Cheers
Chris
My first experience with the FFE is my new 2017, but I tried turning the temp up to 80F and didn't notice the GOM battery range drop. Was expecting that based on reading others' reports here. Does the FFE's heater system use scavenged waste heat from the motor/inverter/charger? (Also on that note, does the battery have its own separate coolant loop or does it intermingle with the rest of the components?)

Well the old one had 3 Cooling loops (pdf). Not sure about the 2017--I would presume it also has 3 as Ford wouldn't want to devote too much work into developing the FFE now would they.

jmueller065 said:
spirilis said:
Chrispy294ss said:
Cheers
Chris

Well the old one had 3 Cooling loops (pdf). Not sure about the 2017--I would presume it also has 3 as Ford wouldn't want to devote too much work into developing the FFE now would they.
Nice! Any more of those training slides? That's the kind of info I love reading...

jmueller065 said:
spirilis said:
Chrispy294ss said:
Cheers
Chris

The link to the pdf file does not work. Can I ask for this file? I have a heating problem.

Back