Chrispy294ss

AC not using heater to regulate temp in 2017 model?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:16 pm

I'm so use to my 2013 that I never thought until 2 days ago to turn up temp setting as the AC was blowing very cold.
With my right display setting showing 'climate ' I felt the air less cold while the climate gauge did not climb....
Could it be they smartened up and regulated some hot outside air into the cabin and not use the resistance heater as my 2013 does?
Cheers
Chris
Chris
Langley, BC Canada
2017 Silver FFE

spirilis

Re: AC not using heater to regulate temp in 2017 model?

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:55 am

Chrispy294ss wrote:I'm so use to my 2013 that I never thought until 2 days ago to turn up temp setting as the AC was blowing very cold.
With my right display setting showing 'climate ' I felt the air less cold while the climate gauge did not climb....
Could it be they smartened up and regulated some hot outside air into the cabin and not use the resistance heater as my 2013 does?
Cheers
Chris
My first experience with the FFE is my new 2017, but I tried turning the temp up to 80F and didn't notice the GOM battery range drop. Was expecting that based on reading others' reports here. Does the FFE's heater system use scavenged waste heat from the motor/inverter/charger? (Also on that note, does the battery have its own separate coolant loop or does it intermingle with the rest of the components?)
2017 Ford Focus Electric (Magnetic)
2017 Ford C-Max Energi SE (Kona Blue)

jmueller065

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:57 pm

spirilis wrote:
Chrispy294ss wrote:I'm so use to my 2013 that I never thought until 2 days ago to turn up temp setting as the AC was blowing very cold.
Cheers
Chris
My first experience with the FFE is my new 2017, but I tried turning the temp up to 80F and didn't notice the GOM battery range drop. Was expecting that based on reading others' reports here. Does the FFE's heater system use scavenged waste heat from the motor/inverter/charger? (Also on that note, does the battery have its own separate coolant loop or does it intermingle with the rest of the components?)
Well the old one had 3 Cooling loops (pdf). Not sure about the 2017--I would presume it also has 3 as Ford wouldn't want to devote too much work into developing the FFE now would they.
2018 Cajun Red Chevy Bolt
2016 Magnetic C-Max Energi (lease returned)
2014 Sunset Escape
2014 Thor Axis (V-10)
2013 Focus Electric (lease returned Jan 2016 for the C-Max above)
https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/

spirilis

Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:17 pm

jmueller065 wrote:
spirilis wrote:
Cheers
Chris
Well the old one had 3 Cooling loops (pdf). Not sure about the 2017--I would presume it also has 3 as Ford wouldn't want to devote too much work into developing the FFE now would they.
Nice! Any more of those training slides? That's the kind of info I love reading...
2017 Ford Focus Electric (Magnetic)
2017 Ford C-Max Energi SE (Kona Blue)

jmueller065

Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:36 pm

spirilis wrote:Nice! Any more of those training slides? That's the kind of info I love reading...
Well that was lesson 3....

Lesson 1 Vehicle Overview (pdf)
Lesson 2 Braking system (pdf)
2018 Cajun Red Chevy Bolt
2016 Magnetic C-Max Energi (lease returned)
2014 Sunset Escape
2014 Thor Axis (V-10)
2013 Focus Electric (lease returned Jan 2016 for the C-Max above)
https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/

Sebuś

Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:39 am

jmueller065 wrote:
spirilis wrote:
Cheers
Chris
The link to the pdf file does not work. Can I ask for this file? I have a heating problem.
I use translator. Sorry for the mistakes.

triangles

Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:07 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ntqla4hnlyb9 ... w.pdf?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lvntvvoc4x6v ... m.pdf?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vpsdoelmahhr ... m.pdf?dl=0
These are the 3 related tech files. I'll assume Jmueller065 doesn't mind me sharing his links.

So what is your heating problem? FYI I am pretty sure the heater is covered under the 8 year/100k mile "EV unique component" warranty so you should still be able to have Ford fix it.
2014 Blue Candy FFE
http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/focus/2014/triangles/303811 (since this forum doesn't allow BBcode in sigs)

Return to “Technical Discussions”