MyFordMobile Issues

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awefulspeller

My 2013 FFE hasn't been able to sync up with MyFordMobile. Anyone else having the same issues? I've got the new modem from the recall.

awefulspeller said:
My 2013 FFE hasn't been able to sync up with MyFordMobile. Anyone else having the same issues? I've got the new modem from the recall.

All the Fords had a modem recall a few months ago. If you haven't had your modem changed you won't be able to use MyFordMobile.

Is everything else working? 2 months after my modem replacement, I could not value charge the car, set value times, or communicate with the car via app, MFM, etc.

They replaced my TCU and that fixed the issue.

scottt said:
Is everything else working? 2 months after my modem replacement, I could not value charge the car, set value times, or communicate with the car via app, MFM, etc.

Looks like I might have to take in to the shop.

And today the car updated and I got over a week's worth of messages that the car had charged. At least whatever glitch this was didn't make the car undriveable.

scottt said:

Were you aware that the modem is the TCU? They are synonymous.

cutler03gt said:
scottt said:

Were you aware that the modem is the TCU? They are synonymous.

I was not, thanks for the info. So the brand new modem they put in back in Dec failed after 5 weeks of use? Weird. Especially given that the failure prevented me from setting value charge times on the central screen.

Weird, but it can happen. Not sure why it'd prevent the value charge settings. May depend on the server for some of the profile syncing perhaps.

Yep, I'm experiencing issues with Go Times too. Cannot remove go times, which means my car will be preheating when I dont need it to! Seems like a server side issue to me.

awefulspeller said:
Yep, I'm experiencing issues with Go Times too. Cannot remove go times, which means my car will be preheating when I dont need it to! Seems like a server side issue to me.
Have you tried editing the GO Times from the screen inside the car?

WattsUp said:
awefulspeller said:
I tried editing the GO Times from inside the car. Would not save the changes I made.

awefulspeller said:
WattsUp said:
awefulspeller said:
I tried editing the GO Times from inside the car. Would not save the changes I made.

Yep, same issue I had (except mine was with value charging, as I don't use GO times. Heck, for all I know setting GO times probably didn't work either). The charge time was blank when I stopped the car (usually displayed in the screen to the right of the speedo), car would charge immediately when I plugged it in, and I could not save value time entries. Initially I could also not change the treble, bass, and midrange settings, however that started working again.

All good after new TCU.

I had the modem replacement done about a month or so ago and has been working fine for quite some time (sometimes the predicted range wouldn't update right away). Now for the past 3 days I have not gotten it to connect to car, just say server error each time (including locking+start). Has anyone else seen myford mobile server issues the past few days? Or did my modem suddenly go bad?

Moolelo said:
I had the modem replacement done about a month or so ago and has been working fine for quite some time (sometimes the predicted range wouldn't update right away). Now for the past 3 days I have not gotten it to connect to car, just say server error each time (including locking+start). Has anyone else seen myford mobile server issues the past few days? Or did my modem suddenly go bad?

My new modem "suddenly went bad" 3 months after initial install. Had to have it replaced.

scottt said:
Moolelo said:

My new modem "suddenly went bad" 3 months after initial install. Had to have it replaced.
A fuse pull reset fixed the issue, but 10 days later my 12V died while sitting. They currently have it overnight to see if there is parasitic power drain (after replacing 12V).

Back