Bluetooth with Moto G4

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunnyEV

I got a new Moto G4 phone and paired it via bluetooth to my Focus EV 2015. However, when playing an audio file it is unusable. Constantly stutters (e.g. every 3 - 5 seconds it pauses for a half a second). Has anyone experienced this or better yet found a solution? The work around it using the line in jack but bluetooth is so much more convenient. BTW, my old phone, Nexus 5, worked great.

SunnyEV said:
I got a new Moto G4 phone and paired it via bluetooth to my Focus EV 2015. However, when playing an audio file it is unusable.
I assume you've streamed from your Moto via Bluetooth with other devices (wireless speaker or something) and it works fine?

Or, is the FFE the only thing you've "paired" it with?

Hmm.

Occasionally (and I mean pretty darn infrequently) I do get an audible glitch to two using my iPhone 6 (or my iPhone 4 before that), but nothing like a "repeating pattern", or anything that happens consistently. For the most part, Bluetooth audio sounds great with my iPhone.

Have you tried another Bluetooth audio device with your FFE? If the glitching is the same, the probably your FFE is to blame. If not, then somehow the Moto?

You could try rebooting the MFT computer. You can look the fuse up in your owner's manual. I know its one of the fuses in the block under the glove box.

WattsUp said:
Hmm.

Occasionally (and I mean pretty darn infrequently) I do get an audible glitch to two using my iPhone 6 (or my iPhone 4 before that), but nothing like a "repeating pattern", or anything that happens consistently. For the most part, Bluetooth audio sounds great with my iPhone.

Have you tried another Bluetooth audio device with your FFE? If the glitching is the same, the probably your FFE is to blame. If not, then somehow the headphones for guitar AMP ?

You could try rebooting the MFT computer. You can look the fuse up in your owner's manual. I know its one of the fuses in the block under the glove box.

Electric amps and guitars are great, but they also come with one main drawback: they are extremely loud.

Back