"Key Not Found" light, WILL NOT START or power up

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgalvinmi

I have a 2012 FFE, has 21k on the clock. Pulled it out of the garage this morning. Washed it. Went back in to start it....Nothing....dead. States "shutting down to conserve battery (or something close)." Then I see it says "key not found"....tried second key, nothing...tried key in center console....nothing.....replaced battery...nothing....tried with ONLY one remote in area.....nothing...... put a battery charger on the small battery under the hood for a couple hours.....nothing...... ANY ideas??? thanks! A newbie who LOVES the FFE and WANTS to love it long time..... :mrgreen:

Maybe try shifting or replacing the battery in the key fob? Seems like a long shot, I know, but easy to try.

I had the "key not found" message once in the entire three years I've had my FFE. But, I just tried the ignition again a few times (within several seconds) and it finally worked. It has worked since (with the same fob, that I have actually not done anything to).

Putting a charger on a battery with dead cells won't charge it. You need to check the 12 volt for voltage and cold cranking amps at any auto parts store.

Back