Navigation Voice: Static and Poor Audio Quality. Speaker?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henryfocus

I noticed that the navigation voice has a lot of background static noise. Is this normal for everyone or do I have a faulty speaker?

This is in a new 2016 Focus Electric with the Sync 3 system. Thanks.

henryfocus said:
I noticed that the navigation voice has a lot of background static noise. Is this normal for everyone or do I have a faulty speaker?

This is in a new 2016 Focus Electric with the Sync 3 system. Thanks.
There is no dedicated speaker for the navigation system.

The navigation announcements, or any of the text-to-speech features, just use the normal audio system speakers. So, if the radio and other music sounds fine, then the problem is almost certainly not the speakers.

I can't imagine why you'd be hearing static on those announcements. But, if you can demo it clearly for the service dept. at the dealership (maybe have them let you compare it to another FFE on the lot) I would like them take a crack at fixing it.

Thanks for the reply.

The music may have some distortion but it is hard to tell with 9 speakers. In general it sounds okay. I was just wondering if the navigation voice was crystal clear for everyone else.

I'll see what the dealer says and follow up here.

Back