SiriusXM radio lockup, then a dead 12V battery

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shark72

This has happened to me twice: the entertainment system stops working, with a frozen display stating "SiriusXM Update 0%" or something to that effect.

Then, a few days later, the 12V battery is dead.

The first time it happened, I jumped it and everything was fine. That was six months ago and it just happened the other day.

My operating theory is that the SiriusXM software is crashing in such a way to leave something powered (such as the antenna) even when the car is completely shut off.

Am I the only one who's seen this?

Thanks!

I had the radio not shut off when the door was opened. Even though the car was turned off. I tried using radio power button. Then tried powering the car on and off with no solution. I had no control over the radio. Disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes cured the problem. The radio not turning off has never happened again.

Rather than go thru all the drama of getting that fuse box open - if the "turn off car, close and lock the driver's door, then unlock again to reboot the system" doesn't work. Go into the controls and select the plugged in media option.
It should go without saying that you should unplug any plugged in media. This disconnects the antenna, and should save you opening that horrible fuse box.

Back