myFord Mobile

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USKaizen

Hello, I logged onto myFord on my android phone and got information about another car. Hmm.. I could lock the doors, start the car, set the temp. etc. Sounds like a big, BIG, security breakdown. I didn't check but I wonder if I got into the other persons profile if I could have done more... but all I did was log off, force the app to shut down and went onto watching the baseball game.

Also, myFord mobile does not quit or shut down gracefully (automatically) like the other android apps. I have to force it to stop. Any one else have that issue?

USKaizen said:
Hello, I logged onto myFord on my android phone and got information about another car. Hmm.. I could lock the doors, start the car, set the temp. etc. Sounds like a big, BIG, security breakdown. I didn't check but I wonder if I got into the other persons profile if I could have done more... but all I did was log off, force the app to shut down and went onto watching the baseball game.

Also, myFord mobile does not quit or shut down gracefully (automatically) like the other android apps. I have to force it to stop. Any one else have that issue?
What other vehicle did you get? Did you ever get this resolved?

have not had that issue with iOS. Had the car under a week. Does the mobile application allow preconditioning when not plugged in or on WiFi? So far the remote start and My Go times do not seen to run AC while not plugged in.

cwstnsko said:
EMP40 said:
have not had that issue with iOS. Had the car under a week. Does the mobile application allow preconditioning when not plugged in or on WiFi? So far the remote start and My Go times do not seen to run AC while not plugged in.

Go-times are only for when you are plugged in, but remote start works whether plugged in or not and it does engage the climate controls to pre-condition the interior of the car. There are a couple of options in the settings in the car as to how the climate control behaves on remote start. I leave mine set to default which seems to run the heat or AC to try and get the car to 72 degrees. I don't believe connecting the car to wi-fi has any effect except allowing the new Sync 3 cars to download updates. Remote start is initiated through the on-board 2G cellular connection.
I keep my remote start setting configured to "Last settings" for HVAC instead of "Auto". I usually drive with the HVAC off, but I've gotten into the habit of turning it on right before I power down the car. In the summer I'll usually set it to around 63-65 for remote start AC and in the winter usually around 75-80 for remote start heat. Then the car is either very cool or very warm when I get in & I can drive without the HVAC.

This setting is found on the left dash screen menus under "Vehicle". Remote start done with the app times out after a maximum of 15 minutes. With your key fob you can press the buttons twice & get 30 minutes of remote start. You can't remote start more than twice in an hour. You can also adjust the remote start time via the left dash screen to be 5, 10 or 15 minutes in duration.

Back