Possible to use a spare tire jack to change a tire?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olagon

Is it safe to use a spare tire jack to change a tire on the Ford Focus Electric?

Since it uses the same body as an ICE Focus I would expect that the jack points are all the same (there are designated spots on the ICE Focus where to place the jack). You may want to search for an ICE Focus owner's manual to find the jack points.

However, the FFE does have all that extra weight in the batteries. It is slightly possible that the rear jack points aren't strong enough (but the ICE Focus should be able to be jacked up with a bunch of stuff in the trunk so...!?).

I never had any tire issues when I had my FFE to discover any of this...(my coworker hasn't had any tire problems either; but he has needed a flatbed on occasion).

Thanks will look more closely later. I peeked and it seemed like there wasn't a spot near the back to slot in a spare tire jack.

Gave up. Going to have it towed to get my flat changed.

jmueller065 said:
However, the FFE does have all that extra weight in the batteries. It is slightly possible that the rear jack points aren't strong enough (but the ICE Focus should be able to be jacked up with a bunch of stuff in the trunk so...!?).
Yeah, it is not an issue.

I think the jack points are the same. Even if they are not, they are marked on the car and in the manual.

I jacked up my FFE to do my own tire rotation once. No problems.

Back