Dead as a Doornail..?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HocusPocus

I use my Focus Sunday morning to do an errand. There were about 40 miles of charge still on it. Monday night I decided to plug it in to charge, but when I did the blue ring did not light up. I went to get into the car and the door would not unlock not even if I pushed the button. My phone app would not communicate with the car. I left it plugged in overnight and nothing has changed. I'm sure I didn't leave it running because it honks twice at you if you do. Plus if it's run down, the charger should have brought it back right? Anyone experienced this?

Thanks!

This has happened to me twice, I don't know why. I'm guessing somehow the logic in the car doesn't shut down completely and the 12 V battery goes dead after a few hours. Or maybe I didn't close the door or something.

HocusPocus said:
She's alive! Old style battery charger did the trick. Thanks!
Yep - thats why I keep an emergency 12v auto battery jump unit in my FFE (I got a small lithium battery based unit) and also have a good Sears external 12v battery charger in my garage.

michael said:
This has happened to me twice, I don't know why. I'm guessing somehow the logic in the car doesn't shut down completely and the 12 V battery goes dead after a few hours. Or maybe I didn't close the door or something.
Me too - no obvious reason for it either.
So I just stay prepared, monitor the 12v voltage with a plugin device and have external 12v battery chargers available.

HocusPocus said:
I use my Focus Sunday morning to do an errand. There were about 40 miles of charge still on it. Monday night I decided to plug it in to charge, but when I did the blue ring did not light up. I went to get into the car and the door would not unlock not even if I pushed the button. My phone app would not communicate with the car. I left it plugged in overnight and nothing has changed. I'm sure I didn't leave it running because it honks twice at you if you do. Plus if it's run down, the charger should have brought it back right? Anyone experienced this?

This just happen to me this morning. I'll plug it in tonight and see what happens.
It would be nice to have a screen/display function to show the health of the 12v battery.

Not sure how to jump start it, but I hope it's in the manual?

billfj4045 said:
This just happen to me this morning. I'll plug it in tonight and see what happens.
It would be nice to have a screen/display function to show the health of the 12v battery.

I replied to you in the other thread where you posted this message.

billfj4045 said:

I recommend buying a cheap 12v LCD voltage display unit that plugs into the auxilary 12v port to monitor the 12v voltage level. I got one for a few dollars from amazon.
I just open a door and it will turn on and I can see the voltage level daily and if it gets down to 11v or less I charge up the 12v battery with my Sears external 12v battery charger unit. Usually thats only the case if it hasn't been driven for several days and in cold weather.

Back