Mykey

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottt

Staff member
About 20% of the time, when I start my car it says "Mykey Active" "Speed Limited to 80mph"

I have not configured ANY Mykeys.......

Any thoughts?

Check out your manual. You can tag a key as a MyKey and put limitations on it, like audio system volume and max speed limit to 80. You can also track the miles driven with a MyKey. Anyway, to clear it, you will need the other key, which would be the Admin key. Using the display to the left of the speedometer, you will find the MyKey menu and the ability to clear all MyKeys...but like I said, you'll need the Admin key. If the key you are using is limited to 80MPH, then that is definitely not the Admin key.

I see the exact same behavior. I have not configured MyKey - but once a week or so I see the "Top Speed Limited" message too. I've been assuming it's a bug. Since I haven't tried to exceed 80 mph, it's not really been an annoyance.

Hmmm, I didn't see any labeling on either key, so I just started using one.

If I switch to the admin key as my primary, will I lose info that has "posted" to the other key?

Mine does the same thing, about once or twice a week. I verified that I have no MyKey's set up, but I still get the notification. It's a bit annoying to me when it happens because you get a warning (the car dongs at you, and a warning pops up on the dashboard) whenever you get within 5 mph of your set speed, so 75 mph. I go that fast on a pretty regular basis; if I go any slower, I'll get run down in the carpool lane where I drive.

Keith

scottt said:
If I switch to the admin key as my primary, will I lose info that has "posted" to the other key?
I don't think so. The cumulative stuff applies to both keys, I think. It might be hard to tell if it is a key thing if it only happens 20% of the time. But yeah, I'd definitely find that annoying.

I have this same issue occasionally on my 2015 FFE. The notification at 75MPH and the limited stereo volume drive me insane. Anyone have a fix for this occasional glitch? It only happens occasionally...and I don't have any MyKey profiles programmed.

acreerl said:
I have this same issue occasionally on my 2015 FFE. The notification at 75MPH and the limited stereo volume drive me insane. Anyone have a fix for this occasional glitch? It only happens occasionally...and I don't have any MyKey profiles programmed.

Took mine to the dealer. They (said they) reflashed everything. Still does it, however less often.

Mine is still doing it, only occasionally. Still pretty annoying, though. Just don't have the time (or the will) to take it to the dealer for them to spend a couple of days messing with it and, at best, saying they can't find a problem, and worse, messing things up. I've learned to just live with it.

Keith

Add my voice to the list of people also having this problem. The car came with 2 fobs, both occasionally get the 80MPH speed warning message. Checked and I have no MyKeys set. I just assume it is an annoying bug that I can't be bothered to get the dealer to fix.

Back