MyFordMobile Issues

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowman

Hello,

Having had no issues since I purchased the car in Oct 14, I now am having all sorts of issues with MyFordMobile. Below is the list of issues that began about 2 weeks ago:
- I no longer receive any text messages or emails for any alerts
- My driving score is always "0" (zero) - It used to be "0" about 10% of the time
- My charging time is always around 10 minutes even for a full charge (not actual time, but reported time)
- On occasion I've had a red battery indicator on the web site instead of blue (no idea what this is)

Other than these issues the car is having no problems. I know folks are going to recommend removing the car from my account and adding it in again. One question I have is will that remove all my historical data?

I've opened a ticket with Ford, but that is another issue all together.

Pat

If you go back to the Technical Discussions index, and look six topics below your post, There was a topic started Friday that should answer most of your questions.

Snowman said:
Not really. That thread is about not being able to connect. I am able to connect no problem but most of the data is incorrect.
We have data issues with the Driving Score & Brake Score not showing on MFM. We also never see the Wh/mi in the Trip Log. Ford has no solution. I have posted about it here: http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2570

I see there's an update on MFM to Version 2.0.85 overnight. The improvement seems initially to be the addition of Chargepoint and Plugshare mapping for Charge points. but maybe NOT, because It shows the same chargers, inclusive of the fact that my Ford Dealer, Storms Ford, is not listed as a charge access location, as before, when I know there were units added... No Plugshare data on private locations. Strange combination of registered sites/locations that aren't consistent with Plugshare or ChargePoint.

Still you can now scroll the map instead of the arcane directional pad. uuuhhhh! yeay

Trip Planner is still MapQuest junk. It couldn't find itself if you tried.... weakest part of the app, yet potentially the most important.

My other beef with the app is notifications. I get emails on full charges but somehow I have never gotten the "forgot to plug-in" notification. Anyone get that to work without text message enabled?
I use WhatsApp and iMessages and block AT&T's text. Refuse to pay 40c per text.
Send Route to Sync doesn't work unless you have text messaging through your carrier enabled apparently.

local rankings are still not fixed, with people driving 100 miles at 0kwh/mile.
Trends still show the wrong miles on my car by 4000 miles less then actual.

My rant about the focus EV for the day.... Car is doing great. App, not so much
H

They added Apple watch functionality too.

Lithium said:
Send Route to Sync doesn't work unless you have text messaging through your carrier enabled apparently.
You shouldn't need that as the data is sent the old-fashioned way using audio over a cellphone call (you remember modems right?).
It uses the same thing as this does:
http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/all/sync-services/how-to-use-the-send-to-sync-feature-in-sync-services.html

I see the update on the iPhone version. The Android version is really buggy. It grays out features that work on the iPhone version.

Olagon said:
The Android version is really buggy. It grays out features that work on the iPhone version.
I can use the exact same features between my Galaxy S5 and my iPad. So far haven't had any problems with the Android version and the watch functionality is pretty cool.

Olagon said:
I see the update on the iPhone version. The Android version is really buggy. It grays out features that work on the iPhone version.
What features? I use the Android version on my tablet & the iOS version on my iPhone. I haven't noticed differences in available options.

I'm about to try the MyFordMobile (android, Samsung Galaxy 5) app for the first time tonight once it registers me on the 'Big-Brother 1984' Ford servers.
I can see already this app may not make it past the annoyance stage into usefulness territory. We'll see.....

Is it going to bug me with nonsense?

Like maintenance: With our Focus Electrics, I think the only thing you do is take it to a Ford dealership once a year, and in the meantime every 2 weeks pop the hood to check fluid levels, check tire pressure, just easy light tasks between your annual dealership inspections.
Very little maintenance, just make the major inspections annual and leave it at that.

Happily you can turn off all notifications if you don't want it bugging you at all.

As far as maintenance: refill the windshield washer fluid now and then, get the tires rotated every year...that's it.

(Its actually bugging me more now with the C-Max than it ever did when I had a Focus Electric...)

jmueller065 said:
Happily you can turn off all notifications if you don't want it bugging you at all.

As far as maintenance: refill the windshield washer fluid now and then, get the tires rotated every year...that's it.

(Its actually bugging me more now with the C-Max than it ever did when I had a Focus Electric...)

I just saw the "notifications" page earlier in the MFM preferences options. Makes sense we can control how much it badgers us, right?!

I've got a C-Max (hybrid, non-plugin version). Got it about the same time as the Focus Electric 3 months ago. The C-Max plain hybrid version doesn't use MFM at all.

MFM could be useful I'm finding out.

electrons said:
I've got a C-Max (hybrid, non-plugin version).
Yeah the hybrid version doesn't give you nearly the control the Energi version does. Its a shame too because I can see the driving modes the Energi offers would be beneficial to the hybrid driver as well (although since the battery really isn't that big you probably wouldn't stay in the modes that long).

The other items the app allows you to do are just conveniences that any car owner would like (remote start, remote lock/unlock, etc.).

Back