SD card navigations system

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffand

The maps on the new Fords are stored on a SD-card. The SD card slot can be found inside the center arm rest on the Ford Focus.
SD-CardSlotsm_zps2q6xtdet.jpg

The current version of maps is the A6, and B6. A6 is maps for United States and Canada. B6 is maps for United States and Mexico.
SD-CardFsm_zps8hawqbs7.jpg
SD-CardRsm_zpsowavtaj9.jpg

Older cards such as A4, and A5 can be found on E-bay. My FFE is a 2013 that was built in 2012, and it came with a A3 SD-card for the navigation system.
But when I took it in for a recall Ford upgraded the SD-card to a A4 no charge.
This is what the typical navigation screen looks like in My Ford Touch.
Nav1sm_zpsdwtkbm2s.jpg

The blue plug symbols are charging stations. The orange "C" is for Charge Point charging stations. While the Black Blink is for a Blink Charging station.

If you don't see the charging station icons in your navigation screen you will need to turn them on.
Touch the POI Icon button on the screen. If you don't see this button touch the Dest. button at the top of screen, then touch the MAPS button on the next screen.
POI-IconsSM_zpsn1aib4yc.jpg

Touching the POI Icon button will open up this screen.
Nav2sm_zpskemzj5vx.jpg

Touch the button Electric charging station to turn on the icons. You may have to touch the List All Categories to see the Electric charging station button.
You can choose up to three different types of icons to be displayed on the navigation screen.

The information is only up to date as the SD-card the navigation system is using. For the most up to date information use the Charge Point, or PLug Share apps.
http://www.plugshare.com/
http://www.chargepoint.com/join/

I ordered the A6 about a week a go. I don't know when the charging station network specific Icons were implemented. I just noticed it when I upgraded to version A6 navigation SD-card. I never had a A5 card so it could of been done then.

With my 2014 FFE the charge stations are from Sirius and a 5 year subscription comes standard with the car. My trial Sirius subscription shows:

Audio:
Complimentary 6-Month Trial – Sirius All Access
Username: (Removed)
Trial Ends: 05/10/2015

Infotainment:
Complimentary 5-Year Trial – SiriusXM Travel Link®
Trial Ends: 11/10/2019

Infotainment:
Complimentary 6-Month Trial – SiriusXM Traffic
Trial Ends: 05/10/2015

That is where the Nav gets the info on Charging stations. I thought all FFE's came with this. Maybe if you never activated your trial subscription it won't show up.

Back