Missing "EV/Leaf" button in MFT

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattbrown

Hey Everyone,

I recently took ownership of 2012 FFE and have bee enjoying it alot. I have been getting even better range then I expected and love passing gas stations.

One thing I have noticed is, I seem to be missing the "EV info" button (the one with the leaf) on MFT. By the Ford sync website my FFE's software is up to date. I was wondering if there is a way I can check the software version in the car? Or has anyone else experienced this problem?

Any help is much appreciated,

Thanks for the suggestion and I am contacting the local dealer. Does anyone know when the "EV/Leaf" button was added to MFT? Just so I can help the dealer track the timeline of the possible missing update.

Thanks,

mattbrown said:
Thanks for the suggestion and I am contacting the local dealer. Does anyone know when the "EV/Leaf" button was added to MFT? Just so I can help the dealer track the timeline of the possible missing update.

Thanks,
I believe it was added with Sync version 3.6. Try creating a Sync My Ride account with your VIN. That should show if your car was updated or not. You can also follow the steps outlined here.

Hi Everyone,

I finally got the car dealership to look into the missing EV/Leaf button. They didn't find anything on why it may be missing, but are going to continue looking for a solution. As seems to be usual with Ford dealers they really don't know much about the FFE. I had to show them the button/screen in their own sales brochure because they didn't know it existed

I was wondering if anyone can confirm that their 2012 FFE has this screen/button. I am just starting to wonder if this screen/button is not available for 2012 FFE's.

Thanks for any help,

Matt

mattbrown said:
Hi Everyone,

I finally got the car dealership to look into the missing EV/Leaf button. They didn't find anything on why it may be missing, but are going to continue looking for a solution. As seems to be usual with Ford dealers they really don't know much about the FFE. I had to show them the button/screen in their own sales brochure because they didn't know it existed

I was wondering if anyone can confirm that their 2012 FFE has this screen/button. I am just starting to wonder if this screen/button is not available for 2012 FFE's.

Thanks for any help,

Matt
Have you checked to see if you have 3.6?

mattbrown said:
I was wondering if anyone can confirm that their 2012 FFE has this screen/button. I am just starting to wonder if this screen/button is not available for 2012 FFE's
Afaik, the MFT updates for the FFE applied to all model years.

Highly suggested: Go to syncmyride.com and register your car. You will be able to see what MFT software is installed on your car. If it is not 3.6, your software is out of date. If that's the case, have the dealer update it. If they don't know how to update it, try another dealer?

Our 2012 still has Gen2 - V3.1.3 (aka DM5T-14D544-AD, via syncmyride) (and no "Leaf" button).
Have been reluctant to update it, since the car works fine and I have lingering fear that "improvements" could mess something up.
{In 6/2013, there were reports seen here that version 3.5 led to serious problems ... possibly debugged in 3.6 (?).}
Has anyone run into a problem that could be attributed to updating this?

JTCalif said:
Our 2012 still has Gen2 - V3.1.3 (aka DM5T-14D544-AD, via syncmyride) (and no "Leaf" button).
Have been reluctant to update it, since the car works fine and I have lingering fear that "improvements" could mess something up.
{In 6/2013, there were reports seen here that version 3.5 led to serious problems ... possibly debugged in 3.6 (?).}
Has anyone run into a problem that could be attributed to updating this?
I went from 3.1 (or whatever originally came on my 2013) directly to 3.6 (skipping 3.5) and everything's been fine. In fact, MFT has been more stable. I also had all the recalls applied during the same service visit... I guess my dealer did a good job.

Matt[/quote]
Have you checked to see if you have 3.6?[/quote]

Thanks for all the discussion, my car is running 3.6.? Which means it is up to date according to Sync My Ride. The dealer said they would continue to look into the problem, but I thought someone her may have run into this issue.

I wonder if it is possible that a none EV version of sync got loaded before I bought the car. Although it asks about charging at the destination when starting a nav route. So some FFE elements are there.

mattbrown said:
Thanks for all the discussion, my car is running 3.6.? Which means it is up to date according to Sync My Ride. The dealer said they would continue to look into the problem, but I thought someone her may have run into this issue.
It is possible that some of your car's firmware is still out of date, and causing the energy screen to be disabled, even though you have MFT 3.6.

mattbrown said:
I wonder if it is possible that a none EV version of sync got loaded before I bought the car. Although it asks about charging at the destination when starting a nav route. So some FFE elements are there.
If it's asking about charging, sounds like you have the EV version then.

mattbrown said:
Its the exact same software load for every Ford.

For one of the MFT updates that was user upgradable I used the same thumbdrive for my FFE and my ICE Focus.

jmueller065 said:
Its the exact same software load for every Ford.
Then it must be that his MFT thinks the Leaf button should be disabled like it would be on any non-EV vehicle. Something is mismatched or miscommunicating with the other firmware in the car.

If i remember correctly thier was a hardware up grade that required a module replacement. This only applies to some 2012 FFE. They will have to check the VIN number against the list of recalled vehicles.

jeffand said:
If i remember correctly thier was a hardware up grade that required a module replacement. This only applies to some 2012 FFE. They will have to check the VIN number against the list of recalled vehicles.

Thanks for the info Jeff, I will make sure to ask the service tech about this.

Matt,
I have a 2012 FFE Canadian Spec as well and am also missing my "EV/Leaf" button. The car sat on a lot outside Windsor Ontario for two years before I purchased in April.

Selecting "? HELP" then "SYSTEM INFO" on SYNC got me to the software info. It is showing "CCPU S/W Version 4.27.12058_PRODUCT". It also shows navigation as "NAV Application 2.15.17 which was replace under warranty before I got the car.

The only time I have been to my local dealer was the 16,000 km (10,000 mile) service. I have the only FFE in New Brunswick and it the dealer had never seen an FFE before let alone serviced one. Since I had no pressing issues and figured having them check the brakes, suspension and rotate the tires was good for the first visit.

Mark
2012 FFE Frosted Glass Metallic
2008 Suzuki Swift+

Rosebank said:
I have a 2012 FFE Canadian Spec as well and am also missing my "EV/Leaf" button. The car sat on a lot outside Windsor Ontario for two years before I purchased in April.
Then possibly it has had none of the recall updates applied if it truly just sat there for two years. The 2012's also apparently need an updated hardware module installed before they can accept the latest firmware and software. You should be able to have all the updates applied for free. (And shame on the dealer if they sold the car to you without applying the recalls.)

The versions you listed aren't really telling me anything. But, if you register your car at syncmyride.com, you can see your MFT version, along with the software installation history. (You can't see it from inside the car for whatever reason.) The latest MFT is 3.6.2. You must have this version (and the other modifications) in order for the Leaf button to appear.

The syncmyride.com site may also be listing any "pending" recall notices for your VIN (if that is the case). This would be a great thing to show the dealer.

WattsUp said:
Rosebank said:

Many thanks for the assistance. :D

I registered at syncmyride.com as suggested and it says I have V3.1.3.

I have printed the "View All Available Updates" page for the Dealer to upgrade to V3.6.2. I wait until I am due for my next service in a couple of months to get update installed.

Mark
2012 FFE Frosted Glass Metallic
2008 Suzuki Swift+

Rosebank said:
I have printed the "View All Available Updates" page for the Dealer to upgrade to V3.6.2. I wait until I am due for my next service in a couple of months to get update installed.
Okay, but why wait? My dealer applied all the recalls and updates in a day. (Then again, your dealer didn't even bother to check if the car had outstanding recalls before allowing you to drive it off the lot... so perhaps they might not be the most knowledgeable.)

Also, what service? I haven't taken my FFE in for "service" for the two years I've owned it. I check and refill the fluids (really just the washer fluid) and rotate the tires myself, and there really is nothing else to service on this car (except for the dealer to serve themselves some cash from your wallet).

Anyway, hope you get your car updated soon. If nothing else, you should get the updates done ASAP to avoid experiencing any Stop Safely Now (SSN) incidents, which is an important safety issue.

Back