How can I get more power at launch?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obwoodie

I'd like to know if there is a way to reprogram the controller so we can get a little more punch off the line. Anyone heard of doing this?
I drove a BMW i3 electric vehicle at the San Diego auto show. All I can say is WOW to the acceleration. It is way too expensive though.

I have no idea about weather we could do any kind of reprogram but I can tell you that if you let it roll a bit then get into it it will go!

Astrand1 said:
I have no idea about weather we could do any kind of reprogram but I can tell you that if you let it roll a bit then get into it it will go!
Yeah, I always tap the accelerator (just to break the inertia of sitting still) a split second before flooring it. It seems to then take off quicker that way.

Some people have also claimed that the L shifter position has a slightly more aggressive "power curve", but that's just opinion; it may not really exist.

You might also try turning off traction control, but I don't know if that really makes any difference.

My dealer had a tech forum a few weeks ago with a Ford technical support guy there. I asked himif there was a way and he just smiled. He said they were concerned that more launch power might break something. I asked him if there was something in the pipeline that would be quicker and he just gave me his smile again!!! Ford has something to smile about!!!

obwoodie said:
My dealer had a tech forum a few weeks ago with a Ford technical support guy there. I asked himif there was a way and he just smiled. He said they were concerned that more launch power might break something. I asked him if there was something in the pipeline that would be quicker and he just gave me his smile again!!! Ford has something to smile about!!!
That's cool. But, he may have also "just" been smiling at your question; as in, "yeah, yeah, you customers always want more".

Back