General 2013 FFE software update issue

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountaineer

I had a very bad experience with the first software update for my 2013 FFE this summer: the install script wiped out most of my settings and didn't restore them, requiring about six hours' work to re-research and reinstall them.

I have taken this up with senior people at Ford, noting that any customer expects graceful install behavior when updating a computer or smartphone, and a car should be no different, so I won't install any more software updates until this install bug is fixed. They're supposed to tell me when it's fixed, and I'll post that here.

It's DEC 2013, any updates on this problem?

My FFE had 4 service updates including updated software done in 1 day.
BUT they did reset the controller so my 12 v battery went dead over night.
I had to reprogram my smart phone into the system and into https://phev.myfordmobile.com

We lost the remote option to turn on off climate control.
We lost the discussions on myfordmobile too. (lucky we still have this forum)

I don't remember anything being changed after the battery TSB and the SSN recall. Both were major reprogramming of the car.

Ford Sync - yeah that's expected that you'll have to redo things. When you watch it do the update, it is clear this thing will wipe out everything. Like a clean install on a PC. It is no different. Ha, yeah, Microsoft built it. The Ford Sync update has absolutely nothing to do with the FFE in particular. That's how Ford has chosen to do updates for all Ford Sync cars. Thousands if not millions of people have the same problem.

Back