wrench displays when starting

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lasagna

I am getting the wrench display sporadically when I start the FFE. I've noticed that it happens after I use a Blink station too. Does anyone else have this situation? It's hard to get an appt at the dealership with someone that can work on it.

Did you get a full charge from the Blink charging station? It could be once the car is fully charged the Blink cuts the AC power to the car. Since the car is still plugged in it tries to draw more power later on from the Blink charging station. With no power present it could trigger a charging fault. But this is only a guess. This is realy dependant on how the Blink charging station works.

I used to get the yellow wrench every so often when I started up after preconditioning. Weather is warmer now, so I haven't had a need to precondition, thus no yellow wrench at start-up for the past couple of months.

I have posted my experience about this in Myfordmobile forum.
The dealer service technician ran diagnostics following the instructions from the Ford EV engineer in Michigan.
In the end, just the fault code was reset and my FFE was released without further repair.
I use Chagepoint and Blink about equal shares for my charging needs. I only remember experiencing the yellow wrench sign with Blink.

AireV said:
The dealer service technician ran diagnostics following the instructions from the Ford EV engineer in Michigan.
In the end, just the fault code was reset and my FFE was released without further repair.
I use Chagepoint and Blink about equal shares for my charging needs. I only remember experiencing the yellow wrench sign with Blink.
I keep getting this warning light ever so often and now my cruise control will not turn on. Has anybody ever experience this? Taking it back to the dealer again after they could not find anything wrong the first time!

Snowball 14 said:
AireV said:
I keep getting this warning light ever so often and now my cruise control will not turn on. Has anybody ever experience this? Taking it back to the dealer again after they could not find anything wrong the first time!
I had this happen once in our first couple days with the car. It was when we were just using our L1 charger and I had a brain skip & accidentally unplugged it from the wall before disconnecting the car. I then noticed that on that trip the cruise control did not work. After I shut the car off at my destination and restarted it a few hours later the cruise control was working normally again. I have not made the mistake of unplugging the L1 EVSE from the wall before disconnecting the car since and now with our L2 EVSE I can't turn its power off easily.

EVSE shutdown doesn't seem like a problem. I have my L1 EVSE plugged into a switched outlet on a timer (we all know how poorly value-charging works on L1). No yellow wrenches, no problems with cruise control.

Back