JTCalif

Re: Ford service

Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:32 pm

First follow-up, on refusal of service:
I called that Customer Relationship #(800 392-3673) today. A few items:

1. She was surprised, but called that dealership and confirmed: that local service dept. is so small that cannot take on another customer. She looked up next closest: same as I found. (It is within battery range.)
I called there, heard OK to schedule work there. (No mention of where I bought it.)

2. SSN problem: never heard of it.
3. Updates: another one (13C07) is coming soon; something about reconfiguring dash panel [touch screen?]. Wait for that, do with other work [like the 13C04 about small marker lights].
4. Lack of ad's or promotion for Focus Electric: surprised her. She said she would pass my remarks along (I said they ought to promote it ...).
FFE built Jan 2015 (was FFE May 2012)

unplugged

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:11 pm

JTCalif wrote:that local service dept. is so small that cannot take on another customer.
Could you provide the name of the tiny local Ford dealer that can't seem to add another customer?
May 2013 Ice Storm once leased and currently a 2017 White Platinum

JTCalif

Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:38 am

That is Journey Ford, in Novato CA.

(That outfit also managed, in reply to my email, to show a VIN # completely different from the one I sent. Made it look as though my message had the strange VIN #, where I know it did not. Is an example of a messed up computer system, apparently ... which makes one less eager to have them do a complex data download into a car.)

Nov. 2:
I took car to Michael Stead's Hilltop Ford (Richmond CA) for service work: OK
Did 13C04 (marker light fix) for 0$, + Annual Electric Vehicle inspection for 35$.

Offered to do 13A01 and 13C07 (instrument panel reconfigure; '07 seems to be to be sure warning sounds if open door with car on [?]), and 13S09 (for PCM reprogram):
I declined those (3), as car works fine as-is (if it ain't broke, ...) and had limited time.

NEW PROBLEM: a continuing stream of messages is sent to my email address about various car matters. Most say there is a Warning Light on (when there isn't), 1 said clock may be wrong (it is OK).

ALSO, when I log into the Ford MFM site, I see a warning about Battery System Health:
the (1) electrics tech. at service dept. said that is probably due to changes in the Ford site programming (began Oct. 31).

Recommendation: believe what is displayed in the car, NOT what is seen through remote link!

JTCalif

Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:51 pm

Warnings about apparent car problems:
have other people been getting the same sort of false warning messages as I have?
(I mentioned them in the edit I did today of the above message.)

Most are in email to me "From no-reply no-reply@myfordmobile.com",
reading that "[name of our EV] has a warning light on" which is not correct.

Related (?): after signing on at myfordmobile.com, under Vehicle Info, I see "Battery System Health" with a red [trouble] circle. That was seen both before and after taking car in to Ford service yesterday, when it received a clean OK report.
The car is behaving as usual: works fine, same range, no warning indications.

Is it safe to assume these are problems with Ford sites, and not with my FFE?

WattsUp

Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:17 pm

JTCalif wrote:Most are ... "[name of our EV] has a warning light on" which is not correct.
I see "Battery System Health" with a red [trouble] circle.
YES and YES!

I have been getting the warning notifications since the app/site update. Never gotten them before. There is never a warning light on in the car (more than once, I've checked immediately upon receiving the notification). I've also run vehicle health reports that come up "clean".

I usually get the notification right after parking, within 30 seconds turning the car off. But not every time after I park. However, yesterday, I was notified most of the times I parked. Today, though, no notifications. In any case, I think the warnings are bogus and due to some software glitch related to the update.

And, I too have started seeing the "Battery System Health" red icon... and, again, this has been happening only since the update. Never before. I also think this red icon status is bogus. I have never had any battery issues and the car is behaving normally.

I am also having intermittent issues getting car status or issuing commands (remote unlock, etc.). Sometimes they work, but most of the time they fail. I have no idea what the problem is with this, or if the above issues are related, but it, too, has only started happening since the update.

I am in contact with a Ford tech who suggested that my 12-volt battery was low, and causing all these behaviors. But, I measured the 12-volt battery... 14.4v when on, 12.5v when off, and 13.3v when charging. Seems fine to me.

IMO, something was screwed up in the update and is producing the bogus notifications and bogus battery health indications. So, I'm not very worried about my car, but pretty annoyed with Ford and their lack of insight into their own systems.
Last edited by WattsUp on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
2013 FFE, Platinum White, Delivered January 2013
2017 MS, Midnight Silver Metallic, Delivered February 2017
Use my referral code (http://ts.la/matt4377) to save $1000 on your next Tesla AND get free unlimited Supercharging!

WattsUp

Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:23 pm

JTCalif wrote:1 said clock may be wrong (it is OK).
I have received two of these "incorrect time" notifications since the update. The clock in my car is correct. I have also received (what I believe to be) bogus "warning light on" notifications and a bogus "Battery System Health" red icon on the app/site. IMO, all of the notifications are bogus and Ford has some serious debugging to do with their new "improved experience" app and site.

If the particular warnings weren't so alarming to customers about their car's health, this situation would almost be laughable. At this point, after one aborted system update and, now, an apparently botched one, it is just disheartening.
Use my referral code (http://ts.la/matt4377) to save $1000 on your next Tesla AND get free unlimited Supercharging!

JTCalif

Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:44 pm

Thank you.
That is both comforting (I can trust the car) and "disheartening" (not so much the company).

vivavegas

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:40 am

My car works perfectly with no problems, but got the same "warning light on" notifications and a "Battery System Health" red icon on the app/site. It happened the minute I updated the my ford app on my phone.

WattsUp

Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:48 am

vivavegas wrote:It happened the minute I updated the my ford app on my phone.
Same here... even when I only knew it was happening to me, I already thought it was too much of a coincidence that all these things would "start going wrong" with my car right after the system update.

But, now I know these things are happening to others, it is pretty clear that these problems are not real, and the issue is systemic. Obviously, there is some bogus data entering the system (or just a bug in the server logic) since the update where it now thinks every car has a "Warning light on" and "Battery System Health" is bad. (How did they not catch something like that before rolling out the update?!)

I'm also still have intermittent trouble updating status and/or issuing commands (unlock, etc.) via the app/site, although yesterday it seemed somewhat more reliable, but stopped working again at night. Anyone else having trouble communicating with their car?

Mazzer

Ford Service

Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:22 pm

I recently bought a 2015 FFE with about 33,000 miles. I am planning to take it in for a service before the winter. How much should I expect to pay? Unfortunately our local dealer does not have a good reputation of you look online ( we gave up on them servicing our 2003 Focus wagon as soon as it was out of warranty). I know what the manual says needs to be done is mostly inspection.

Return to “General / Main Focus Electric Owners Forum”