pedestrian warning tone in 2013 model?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFS

I don't hear it, as the driver. A friend says there is a tone, at low speed. Some online reports say one wasn't ever planned. There was a contest to pick a tone. I'm assuming there is a tone.

I'd like to customize the volume (clearly not high enough, based on people nearly stepping in front of me, cyclists freaking out when I go by) and the speed when it's active. (Passing through a student area in any season, or driving anywhere in winter, when people have hats on or hoods up, I need the sound to stay on until at LEAST 25 mph.) And I would not mind being able to customize the tone, too.

Anyone aware of a way to do this with the resident software and hardware, whatever that may be? (I can't find a single reference in the online owner's manual.) Or do I have to re-post this over in the tech forum, to find out about aftermarket solutions?

I often am a pedestrian or cyclist, and I really, really HATE being a menace on the roads.

First I have heard of this. I have a 2013 and have n noticed it. Torn on this one, I like the quite aspect, however I also bike to work and I almost got hit by a Prius (probably would have been ok :), it was my fault.

I took a look at a 2013 at the dealer last week.
Two things I noticed:
- No more home link garage door remote in the sun visor.
- Small, shallow tray insert added to center console compartment.
Still no slot for your USB phone charger cable to pass out of the console compartment.

Back