How to precondition on a schedule? Add a GO Time

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wplate

Tonight my FFE received its confirmation that My Ford Mobile was all set up and I had full control over the car. My question is, how do I set up the car to be preconditioned by a certain time in the morning?

I have looked through the MyFordMobile iPhone app, yikes. Last night my dad was showing me his Nissan Leaf's iPhone app and someone at Ford really needs to fire that thing up. It is nice looking and easily understood. The MFM iPhone app is confusing and its design is awkward.

The iPhone app talks about GO Times, but doesn't give any helpful tips about what they are until you actually dive down to the point of creating one. I didn't go this far at first, so I logged on to myfordmobile.com and found some Help there. Under Q: What are GO Times? I found this helpful answer:
A: This isn’t a charge schedule; this is your schedule. While you don’t need GO Times, they will help your vehicle prepare itself for you. Want a warm car on that cold morning? Using GO Times will heat it up without using battery power a few minutes before you plan to leave. Leaving in the middle of the night? GO Times will make sure that you will use as much of that Value Charge as possible and still make sure you have a full battery. Just remember, your vehicle needs to be plugged in to enjoy GO Times.

I, for one, feels like this should a lot more straightforward. Instead of the "GO Times" marketing-speak they should simply call the feature what it is so it is easier to find and understand.

Back