New Focus and Charging Topics

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rwbill

Hi again, guys. Rather than repost the same things here I did in another Forum, I'll post a link here. I know many of us are in two or more Forums, and it gets confusing to try and find threads sometimes.

Based on having the car 1 week and just getting the 240V Leviton charger installed, I posted 3 or 4 new replies or threads under the name "billsblots" in the FordFocusElectric forum, and I'd be glad to hear any feedback from anyone.

http://fordfocuselectric.com/forums/3-ford-focus-electric-owners-forum/

I have a Volt and a Focus Electric. I had an extra 120V Voltec Charge Cord to use on the go but since I just use 120V to charge my Focus (25 mile total commute), I was thinking of just using the cord in the FFE as the one on the go. I discovered to my surprise that it does not work with the FFE. There are a series of clicks that keep coming from the charger and the charge dial in the FFE just blinks for some time before going out.

This cycle then repeats every 30 secs. I thought these cords implement the Level 1 charging standard and should be compatible. Any suggestions?

Back