Took delivery!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boni

New proud owner of a FFE - as of last evening. I purchased it at Future Ford of Roseville - which was a positive experience. I phoned them on Tuesday and told them I wanted the leather seats and the White Platinum paint color. They said they had one arriving on Thursday which I could take home on Friday. Then they phoned me back on Wednesday and said I could pick it up Thursday! I love the vehicle. I am most surprised at how nice the leather interior is. I've always had leather interiors, on my Acura (3), Chevy, and Ford Explorer vehicles but this feels much nicer. I am still learning the interface since I was at work all day today. I'll post more ah-hah's as I learn.

Boni said:
New proud owner of a FFE - as of last evening. I purchased it at Future Ford of Roseville - which was a positive experience. I phoned them on Tuesday and told them I wanted the leather seats and the White Platinum paint color. They said they had one arriving on Thursday which I could take home on Friday. Then they phoned me back on Wednesday and said I could pick it up Thursday! I love the vehicle. I am most surprised at how nice the leather interior is. I've always had leather interiors, on my Acura (3), Chevy, and Ford Explorer vehicles but this feels much nicer. I am still learning the interface since I was at work all day today. I'll post more ah-hah's as I learn.
Congratulations! Is this your first EV? What’s it replacing, or is it an addition? Will you commute in it? How far? How are you going to charge it?

Boni, glad to see we got the forum login issues worked out!

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the car! Did the dealership say if you were the first to buy one from them?

Yes, I am definitely the first one to get one from this dealer in Northern California. It is replacing my 2002 Acura RSX-S. We also own a Chevy Volt that my husband is the main driver for. We have had the Volt since January 2011 and we love it. We have a charging station at home, and we have solar panels on the house. So far it has worked out out fine to alternate which vehicle is being charged. However this is only the third day of ownership so we may decide to add another charging station. We drove the Focus Electric around town today where it is very hot (over 100 degrees) and had no range anxiety at all. I am learning a few things that I will post over the next few days. The more I drive it the more I love it. It is surprisingly fun to drive, handles beautifully, and it is pretty easy to get used to the user interface. More later!

Back