Debating a 2017

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanctif13d

Hello,

New here, first post (yay!)

I currently own a 2013 with about 52k miles on it, bought it used at 26k miles and have been loving my first EV. A local dealership has a few 2017 models with about 4k miles for 14k, and I'm debating getting one but wanted to get more experienced and knowledgeable users input before I make any final decisions.

My 2013 HAS had the battery replaced under warranty recently, and when they did they put in the larger battery and i get about 120 miles of range on a full charge.

I'm really wondering if there are any other major differences between the 2013 and the 2017 besides the size of the battery and the shape of the charge port door (not including any interior options)? A better motor either in power or efficiency, or anything like that maybe? Looking for a major reason to upgrade or to just keep what I have.

$14k is WAY too much. I paid $15k for my brand new FFE straight from the factory.

I'm not sure if you have ever experience the Stop Safely Now with your current electric car from Ford. For me, I'll think about buying an electric cars from Ford when they get better at making electric cars. I have a 2012 Focus Electric now and experiencing SSN randomly. My car is currently in the shop for diagnosing. Make sure those 2017 cars you mentioned is not a lemon returned by another buyer.

the dealer in question buys them at auction from out of state, and sells em here.

i HAVE had the stop safely now issue a few times, but its been a while. not since the battery was replaced.

Back