New to me '13 FEE

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

121gigawatts

Hello! I just picked up a '13 FFE with 31k miles for $9300 in very good condition. I was actually looking for a Volt, but they seemed overpriced in my area (considering I sold one 3 years ago for what they currently go for). Seems like Volts have really caught on, and the values have held steady. In any case, I love the FFE so far! The HVAC and preconditioning works much better than the Volt's. The tech is overall much better as well. I'm really enjoying having a 6.6kw charge rate over 3.3kw as well, I just hope the battery lasts as long as Volts do.

So far, this car is everything I'd hoped for! The only thing that annoys me is the ease in which the front wheels slip (especially in the rain). Not looking forward to our first real snow fall. I'll either have to get a second set of winter wheels/tires or just stay home.

Any suggestions for a personalized plate? So far I've got the following.. I know, I know. Very geeky.

121GWATS
J1772
EXTCORD
2019_01_05_21_51_22_494_fc59d2e56a8a3e31d7fb8e267fcf954e1497c108.jpeg

Where are you located? Its possible those are already taken (here in Michigan the DMV has a website that you can check to see if a personalized plate is already taken).

I had one on my FFE (Ford Focus Electric): ZZZT Yeah I know "what?" sound it out--electricity ;)

You could use mine

GOT 240V

My garage is like yours. FFE on one side, Mini Cooper on the other. :D

scottt said:
You could use mine

GOT 240V

My garage is like yours. FFE on one side, Mini Cooper on the other. :D

Thats my wife's 04 John Cooper Works with 44k miles.. She LOVES it, but we're installing solar panels and it makes sense to get another EV or Volt. We're conflicted.

You think I paid a fair price? My '13 FFE with 32k was $9300, one gash on the front bumper on the chin spoiler (out of view), otherwise its pretty clean. The only options available were leather right?

yes other than color the leather powered seats were the only option, a $995 option. FFE has 49% of the weight on the front wheels plus the instant torque of the electric motor will make it difficult for any tire to compensate for wheel slip on wet pavement. I bought some Volvo 15" wheels off craigslist and put some Falken Ziex ZE950 tires on them for my "winter" tires. The cold wet grip is an order of magnitude better but you can still easily spin the wheels on cold wet pavement.

Back