MyFord Mobile in Europe

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dobrinia

Good day
I am in Belarus, it is in Europe.
I can not activate the car in the application "MyFord Mobile"
In the car, the activation proposal does not appear, although I added the car through the application.
Can someone help me?

Is your car a former US car that was shipped over? If so it is likely that its cellular modem isn't compatible with Europe's systems and thus MFM probably won't work over there (that or there is no contract for service for the modem--in the US Ford contracted with AT&T for cellular service).

Dobrinia said:
jmueller065,
Thanks for the answer.
Yes, my car is from the USA.
And how does the modem work? Need to insert a sim card into it?

I have no idea: In the US cars it just (sort of) worked. Owner's really didn't have to do anything with it (other than occasionally reboot it--the Telematics Module--its in the trunk area somewhere).

I stumbled across a FSA instructions once that was related to a TCU issue. If I remember correctly the TCU is located on the top/back side of the driverside rear wheel well. Basically just toward the front of the car from the rear hatch fuse block. Pretty sure there isn't anything you can do to make it compatible with the European mobile networks. Even if you could find a European TCU you would need a dealer with the factory software tools to program it to your car.

Does the system work without internet?
I thought she was working over the internet ... in sync ...
In the block inserted SIM card from the factory? not personal?

All the My Ford Mobile stuff is dependent on the mobile data provided by the TCU. That is the only internet connection MFM can work with. Ford IDS software is used to configure the TCU and assign the TCU to the VIN of the vehicle with ford's internet servers. Basically without a European TCU and an authorized dealer to configure it you are completely out of luck getting MFM to work. I suspect Ford will not support a European TCU in a USA spec. FFE so you are likely out of luck before you even try.

Dobrinia said:
Good day
I am in Belarus, it is in Europe.
I can not activate the car in the application "MyFord Mobile"
In the car, the activation proposal does not appear, although I added the car through the application.
Can someone help me?

you can do it i am from jordan middle east and we have over 3000 FFE and we successful to work myford app
must check the TCU ESN from sync screen >sitting > help >system information on last menu the ESN: START :T the modem is work IF START :N not work and must make the recall
install app and register it and put the any USA phone No and your e mail and injoy

Thanks for the help.
I have N?
In my car, the modem has already been replaced under warranty in America.
What should I do now, what would work?

IMG_20190120_020818.jpg

For me, forscan shows that the modem is logging in to the network (Orange PL), it shows the signal strength, but I can not add a car to the application. Confirmation on the screen does not pop up. I was in the official FORD service on updating ALL modules, the modem has no updates. Sync2 after changing the settings shows that the MFM application is active and the car is tracked by GPS, but I can not click the confirmation.

triangles said:
All the My Ford Mobile stuff is dependent on the mobile data provided by the TCU. That is the only internet connection MFM can work with. Ford IDS software is used to configure the TCU and assign the TCU to the VIN of the vehicle with ford's internet servers. Basically without a European TCU and an authorized dealer to configure it you are completely out of luck getting MFM to work. I suspect Ford will not support a European TCU in a USA spec. FFE so you are likely out of luck before you even try.

How do I update my Ford id Software?

Back