Uncomfortable cloth seats

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virulent

Am I doing something wrong? I find the cloth seats a bit uncomfortable in normal driving, and on longer drives (a couple hours) they're much more uncomfortable.

Changed seat position, sitting differently, a seat cushion (increased my height enough to hit the ceiling on top of being worse comfort wise.. I'm 6'1), nothing helped yet. Haven't found any seat covers that actually seem like they would improve comfort, but willing to try.

Over on ST forums some have swapped recaros with leathers from a Focus Titanium. Driver's seat seems to be very easy switch. I've very tempted to swap just the driver's seat with a Titanium (it's a lease, so I'll need to swap back later if I don't buy out). Has anyone tried / considered this?

virulent said:
Am I doing something wrong? I find the cloth seats a bit uncomfortable in normal driving, and on longer drives (a couple hours) they're much more uncomfortable.

Changed seat position, sitting differently, a seat cushion (increased my height enough to hit the ceiling on top of being worse comfort wise.. I'm 6'1), nothing helped yet. Haven't found any seat covers that actually seem like they would improve comfort, but willing to try.

Over on ST forums some have swapped recaros with leathers from a Focus Titanium. Driver's seat seems to be very easy switch. I've very tempted to swap just the driver's seat with a Titanium (it's a lease, so I'll need to swap back later if I don't buy out). Has anyone tried / considered this?

If you do seat covers, make 100% sure they don't interfere with the side airbags.

I have no issues with comfort in my FFE seats. Since the FFE shares the same glider as the rest of the Focus line I'd be surprised if other focus seats didn't simply and easily bolt right in.

kalel14 said:
virulent said:
and on longer drives (a couple hours) they're much more uncomfortable.

How can you drive for hours with a 70 mile range?

I have 2017 so 110 mi range. I've taken multiple 300 - 500 km trips (one-way.. so double return). That is with fast chargers. It's long, but would be more bearable with better seats :(

triangles said:
I have no issues with comfort in my FFE seats. Since the FFE shares the same glider as the rest of the Focus line I'd be surprised if other focus seats didn't simply and easily bolt right in.

That is what I believe too! As far as I can tell from research, MY 2015+ Focus all share the same seat harnesses (and glider for sure). It's hard to know for sure until one person does it, I guess..

My SO doesn't have issues with comfort, so maybe I'm just not the right shape..

[/quote]

Just come to Southern California. I drive 52 miles round-trip every day, and spend 2 to 2 1/2 hours in the car doing it.[/quote]

You don't need RS seats. You need a recliner.

No luck yet. I actually almost bought a leather seat from a Titanium but it was in rough shape and exposed to weather. Not much else available around here to look at yet. But I was at least able to confirm 100% the bolts and wiring harness look the same in 2015+.

I'm going to try a slimmer seat cushion and/or lumbar pillow next..

Sadly I've been heavily considering selling my FFE. Because of the ending $14k incentive in Ontario it may actually be possible to receive a tidy profit.. I feel bad wanting to sell after a year, but out of all the cars I've driven none have had seats nearly this uncomfortable :( I guess that was the downside of never seeing the car and waiting 6+ months for factory order -- gas Focus has different cloth so could not even compare cloth vs leather there!

Back