FFE first time service - where and when?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmckhobbs

I got a reminder from the dealer regarding our 1 year old FFE to come in for the state inspection and any necessary maintenance. We currently have only 3,900 miles on the car (due to an 8 mile round trip commute!).

When I called to ask what service I might need and when, the dealer, Acton Ford, said they would change the oil! So I asked if they were familiar with servicing the FFE and she said no, they had never serviced one, and only had sold 1 (to us I guess)!

So then I called the national Ford customer service, to ask for a reference to a dealer that had experience, they gave me the the number of another dealer, but the same thing happened, the service department said they would schedule me for an oil change. So I asked if they had ever serviced the FFE before, and they said no, but they had taken the class.

I did review the service schedule in the manual which suggests servicing at 1 year or 10,000 miles, and the app says we are up to date (although it hasn't been one year yet).

So I'd like to know:
How important is it to find a mechanic who is familiar with servicing the FFE, and if it is, how to I find one since it appears that Ford only tracks who has taken the certification class

Will the app prompt me to service at one year?

Does it really need to be serviced at one year?

Thanks!!!

NORMAL SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE Normal scheduled maintenance* Every 12 months or 10,000 mi (16,000 km).[/b]

Rotate tires, inspect tire wear and measure tread depth. Perform multi-point inspection (recommended).
Inspect brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums, brake linings, hoses and parking brake. Inspect cooling system level, strength and hoses.
Inspect half-shaft boots. Inspect steering linkage, ball joints, suspension and tie- rod ends.
Inspect wheels and related components for abnormal noise, wear, looseness or drag.

*Do not exceed one year or 10,000 mi (16,000 km) between service intervals.

Every 20,000 mi (32,000 km) *

Replace cabin air filter.

At 10 years or 150,000 mi (240,000 km)

Change coolant and coolant filter.* Cabin air filter life is dependent on exposure to dusty and dirty conditions.
Vehicles operated in these conditions require frequent inspection and replacement of the cabin air filter.

Just get the tires rotated and you'll be good to go.

Don't really need the 1 year service by a dealer--all my dealer did was rotate the tires during my 3 year lease.

jmueller065 said:
Just get the tires rotated and you'll be good to go.

Don't really need the 1 year service by a dealer--all my dealer did was rotate the tires during my 3 year lease.

Ditto. And you don't even need to go to the dealer for the tire rotation. I get mine done at Discount Tire / America's Tire. They do it for me for free, including re-balancing if needed.

Or, you can have some fun with them and drop it off asking them to change the oil and see what they do!!!

Keith

I had the Ford dealer do the annual service each year during my FFE lease.
Cost only about $11 and they rotated the tires and did inspections, check the 12v battery, etc.

NightHawk said:
I had the Ford dealer do the annual service each year during my FFE lease.
Cost only about $11 and they rotated the tires and did inspections, check the 12v battery, etc.

Your dealer has a clue. Most dont and its best to not let the ones that dont get anywhere near your electric car. :lol:

Back