Tesla Model 3 (not M3) price drop

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
triangles said:
A little click baity there. would have been better to title it, Highly optioned Tesla Model 3 price drop....

Yeah, sorry, you're right. But, interesting anyhow.

Will we ever see the $35K Model 3? We'll see......

Keith

triangles said:
A little click baity there. would have been better to title it, Highly optioned Tesla Model 3 price drop....

Are you expecting a check from tesla because of this news? Lol.

LOL no my car would still be the same price if bought today. The price "dropped" on stuff they haven't released yet. Notably Performance AWD version can be had much "cheaper" now that you don't have to buy all the extra bells and whistles just to get the Performance AWD.

campfamily said:

Keith
Optimistically early 2019. June 2019 at the latest. Initially I wanted the 35K base but, then figured I'd splurge on the LR battery. LR battery was a bit pricier that I had expected. I pulled the trigger early so I could get the full tax credit.

triangles said:
campfamily said:

Keith
Optimistically early 2019. June 2019 at the latest. Initially I wanted the 35K base but, then figured I'd splurge on the LR battery. LR battery was a bit pricier that I had expected. I pulled the trigger early so I could get the full tax credit.

Articles I'm reading suggest that Tesla's full credit will run out this year.

Tesla most certainly will. GM will likely hit the magic number this year too so they will likely be 3 months behind Tesla in the credit phase out. Not sure how far behind Nissan is but I think it's been estimated they will hit that number sometime in 2019.

We will find out for sure in a few days but, I am pretty sure Tesla was shuffling deliveries to the east coast and Canada to delay the 200,000th U.S. car delivered until after June 30th 2018. That is what triggers the beginning of the credit phase out. If they do, the credit phase out is as follows:
Full tax credit ($7,500) for cars delivered thru 12/31/2018
1/2 credit ($3,750) for cars delivered thru 06/30/2019
1/4 credit ($1,875) for cars delivered thru 12/31/2019
No credit for cars delivered after 12/31/2019
If they did pass 200K cars delivered in the U.S. in June 2018 then the above phase out schedule is advanced by 1 calendar quarter (3 months).

I half expect to see headlines that read something to the effect, "Tesla delays deliveries to extend tax subsidies!" or something along that line.

Inside EVs has a good article on which automaker is closest (complete with a pretty graph):
https://insideevs.com/top-6-automakers-200000-federal-tax-credit-limit/

(Another reason I jumped on the Bolt.)

triangles said:
Wow surprised Ford is that close in 4th. I guess they sold more PHEVs than I though.

I know, right. Im so used to the ffe not being on any lists for anything due to the super low production, that I forget about all the fusion and escape hybrids they sold and the cmax and other energi models. I guess they add up.

Back