Hope for future Ford efficiency improvements?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triangles

I picked up my Model 3 yesterday and I am amazed at the efficiency compared to the FFE. My journey started out at 90F for about 2/3 of the way before I hit a pretty good thunderstorm and the temp dropped to 72F. Then coming out of the storm 20 minutes later it went back up to 84. The air conditioning was set to 73F. This was 95% freeway between 60mph and 80mph and I averaged 236 Wh/mi. I can't imagine the FFE being under 300! Hopefully Ford can step up their EV game and be as efficient or better than this!

I cant imagine mine ever being below 300! LOL. Apparently, I am not a very efficient driver. But Im definitely awaiting a full write up with pics of that model 3 to pop up in the "other bev" section. Ive not seen one up close yet.

"I can't imagine the FFE being under 300!"

Wait, were you NOT getting sub 300wh/mi efficiencies with your Focus?
Since November, my average per month gas been 259.3 Wh/mile, including January at 346.

Pearl said:
Not at 70+mph with the AC on! City driving (sub 45 mph) without AC = sub 250Wh/mi all day long. Best I ever got in my FFE was in the 190's Wh/mi but that was really trying hard to eek out every last inch. I was so close to breaking 100mi but at 98.9 miles and no one available to help me push it back home or to the nearest plugs I chickened out and didn't see if I had that last 1.1 miles in the battery.
Carbuff said:
I cant imagine mine ever being below 300! LOL. Apparently, I am not a very efficient driver. But Im definitely awaiting a full write up with pics of that model 3 to pop up in the "other bev" section. Ive not seen one up close yet.
I don't think you've had the opportunity to drive yours yet now that it's warm out, have you? I sure hope ford pulls their head out of their nether region and fixes your FFE! If I can stop driving my TM3 long enough to do a write up I will. :lol:

triangles said:
Pearl said:
Not at 70+mph with the AC on! City driving (sub 45 mph) without AC = sub 250Wh/mi all day long. Best I ever got in my FFE was in the 190's Wh/mi but that was really trying hard to eek out every last inch. I was so close to breaking 100mi but at 98.9 miles and no one available to help me push it back home or to the nearest plugs I chickened out and didn't see if I had that last 1.1 miles in the battery.
Carbuff said:
I don't think you've had the opportunity to drive yours yet now that it's warm out, have you? I sure hope ford pulls their head out of their nether region and fixes your FFE! If I can stop driving my TM3 long enough to do a write up I will. :lol:

Just set the M3 to auto pilot and write the review *while* youre driving. Problem solved. LOL.

Back