Re: How to increase regen in L gear

Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:21 pm

I drive in L all the time.
2017 Ford Focus Electric (Magnetic)
2017 Ford C-Max Energi SE (Kona Blue)

triangles

Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:47 am

Driving in L does not illuminate your brake lights when you lift off the accelerator. If you like the increased risk of being rearended then driving in L is a good idea. For me I just used light brake pedal pressure to get more regen than just driving in L would yield. Plus I extend the courtesy to those behind me of illuminating my brake lights so they know I am slowing down. It would be nice if there was something to indicate how close you are to max regen before friction brakes take over. The brake score sorta helps but it's after the fact and I'd like a reference while I'm braking.
2014 Blue Candy FFE
http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/focus/2014/triangles/303811 (since this forum doesn't allow BBcode in sigs)

scottt
Site Moderator

Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:46 am

triangles wrote:Driving in L does not illuminate your brake lights when you lift off the accelerator. If you like the increased risk of being rearended then driving in L is a good idea. For me I just used light brake pedal pressure to get more regen than just driving in L would yield. Plus I extend the courtesy to those behind me of illuminating my brake lights so they know I am slowing down. It would be nice if there was something to indicate how close you are to max regen before friction brakes take over. The brake score sorta helps but it's after the fact and I'd like a reference while I'm braking.

Considering that the FFE doesn't slow down that much (compared to say the Bolt) when you're in L......I've never had a problem with people behind me noticing that I'm slowing down. And I'm not a crazy hyper miler that coasts to a stop from 4 miles away.
2015 Magnetic FFE (aka Magneto) - Retired
2017 Kona Blue FFE (aka King Kona) - Current

triangles

Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:52 am

Unlike the FFE, the brakes lights illuminate on the Bolt when lifting on the accelerator and entering regen.
2014 Blue Candy FFE
http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/focus/2014/triangles/303811 (since this forum doesn't allow BBcode in sigs)

Return to “General / Main Focus Electric Owners Forum”