An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 2 phones
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:34 am 

Hi, I have 2 phones, business and personal and I keep my contacts separately. I normally have my business phone paired with the Sync, however, sometimes I need to make a personal call while driving using my business phone. I don't want to disconnect my business and reconnect my personal to make the call. Does anybody know how to keep both phones contacts in Sync? Thanks

Post subject: Re: 2 phones
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:58 am 

Kamroud wrote:
Hi, I have 2 phones, business and personal and I keep my contacts separately. I normally have my business phone paired with the Sync, however, sometimes I need to make a personal call while driving using my business phone. I don't want to disconnect my business and reconnect my personal to make the call. Does anybody know how to keep both phones contacts in Sync? Thanks

I am not aware of any car that allows you to do what you want to do.

Post subject: Re: 2 phonec
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:02 am 

Actually, I can download contacts from more than one phone into my Mercedes because you can add contacts. Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:08 am 

unfortunately, when you connect the other phone (let's B), the contact list from the previous phone (let's say A) either get deleted or makes it in-accessible.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:58 pm 

No that isn't weird behavior at all (disconnect phone number one, connect a second phone and the contacts from phone one go away). Think about it. Contacts are part of an individual phone, they aren't universal or added to the car. The phone that is active displays those contacts. Privacy.

Now this is odd - why would you make a "personal" call on your "business" phone? Aren't business phones for making business calls? If that's a personal number you dial, add it to the contact list on the business phone. Done and done.

I get one scenario, calling home, calling your kids, or your significant other on the business phone. There should be no earthly reason why you can't add those numbers to the business phone. Especially since they will appear in the detailed use of your "business" phone.

Tesla has exactly the same behavior - whichever phone is active, those are the contacts displayed.

2014 Tesla Model S 85