An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Show me your Garage!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:12 pm 

My favorite thread on every car enthusiast forum is always the "garage" thread, where members show off their stable. This makes even more sense given EV owners have to get even more creative with charging. I want to see them! Show me your garage / charging stations! Im in the middle of spring cleaning and need some inspiration!

I'll go first. Installing solar panels and there's a lot of dust at the moment. Going from 60a service in the garage to 100a to make two 32a Chargepoints work at the same time. I'm about 2/3 of the way done with the solar install, and when the everythings finished I'd like to add some style.

Post subject: Re: Show me your Garage!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:06 am 

No you really don't want to see my garage as there is nothing redeemable about it.

In fact, the Bolt hates the garage so much that I had to appease it by doing this: (Yeah ok; the real story about that is here)

2014 Thor Axis (V-10)
2013 Focus Electric (lease returned Jan 2016 for the C-Max above)
https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:50 am 

jmueller065 wrote:
No you really don't want to see my garage as there is nothing redeemable about it.

In fact, the Bolt hates the garage so much that I had to appease it by doing this: (Yeah ok; the real story about that is

Thats a creative solution. I cant believe the city enforced that rule on a cul de sac.. Either the sidewalk must have been in pretty bad shape or your city has very little to do.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:55 am 

those J1772 extensions are also great for when some asshole ICEs the public charger you need to use to get home.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:08 pm 

121gigawatts wrote:
Thats a creative solution. I cant believe the city enforced that rule on a cul de sac.. Either the sidewalk must have been in pretty bad shape or your city has very little to do.

The city enforces that rule everywhere. They divided up the area into regions and every spring/summer a new region is "scanned" and troublesome sidewalks are marked for repair. Once they are done with all the regions they just keep going starting over at the first.

To be honest: Ours really needs the repair and we were planning on it anyway (can't really see it in that photo but the apron is crumbling pretty bad).

2014 Thor Axis (V-10)
2013 Focus Electric (lease returned Jan 2016 for the C-Max above)
https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/