scottt
Site Moderator

Re: Car will not start

Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:09 am

Contact Ford directly, and have a case opened.
2015 Magnetic FFE (aka Magneto) - Retired
2017 Kona Blue FFE (aka King Kona) - Current

tinilk

Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:34 am

They've installed all of the parts associated with the SSN recall but are seeing "further issues" with the electrical system. They have a Ford Tech line Assistance case open and waiting for more replies from Ford's engineers. Also "suspect that there is some sort of software logic concern with the motor control module. Ford engineering is currently looking further into it." Wat.

Maybe they could just ship both our cars to Michigan so Ford's engineers can tear into them first-hand. Would be faster to get this resolved but cost them more.

Carbuff, wouldn't they only erase a payment if you didn't have a loaner? The idea being they'll cover you for the time you don't have your car, either financially or by providing a replacement car. But not both. Or so I would think?

(Never mind that we've each spent over $100 at gas stations)
2014 FFE - Ingot Silver
2018 Volt (leased)

tinilk

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:14 am

I hear you. I'm not happy buying and burning gas and I very much miss the better driving experience that I bought an EV for.

I hadn't thought about the lemon law...I bought new so in MA I would've only been covered for the first year or 15k miles.
I'm curious how much of a legal pain it turns out to be if you go that route!
2014 FFE - Ingot Silver
2018 Volt (leased)

triangles

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:12 am

My guess is you might have it by the end of may... :( Anyway keep the updates coming.
2014 Blue Candy FFE
http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/focus/2014/triangles/303811 (since this forum doesn't allow BBcode in sigs)

tinilk

Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:44 am

I'm at 9 weeks that my car has been at the dealer and I've put more than 2k miles on the rental car.
Latest update: They're troubleshooting the whole electrical system. The remaining active DTC's pertain to the HV battery contactors. The vehicle is not seeing the presence of the HV battery, as if the contactors are not connected even though they are. Ford's engineers don't have an answer yet.
2014 FFE - Ingot Silver
2018 Volt (leased)

Return to “General / Main Focus Electric Owners Forum”