An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Car will not start
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:48 pm 

triangles wrote:
Carbuff IANAL but it sure sounds like you have a water tight case for breach of warranty. If successful I would think that means you get lawyer fees from ford, plus punitive damages then you can take all that money and put it toward a Tesla Model 3. Be finally done with Ford.

Actually, someone local on craigslist is selling a leaf for fairly cheap. Seems like a shame to let my 30 amp charger go to waste. LOL.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:02 am 

I called the dealer for an update on my car, which isn't any deep mystery like Carbuff's - I know what's wrong just can't get them to fix it properly. They fiddled around with the HV battery connectors, got the SSN to go away, drove it around a little and are calling it good to go. I asked again if they can do any of the work described in the "expired" 16B02 bulletin to refurbish the corroded connector and re-seal it to keep water from getting in. His reply is, if it's not an active recall then Ford won't let them do it. It doesn't make any sense to me that a field service action or bulletin would have an expiration date when the car is still under warranty. But whatever.

He's going to see if they can install the plastic shield that's called out in the bulletin, to protect the connectors from water or slush getting kicked up from underneath. I guess I'll take the car back if they at least do that much and see if it's enough to protect it from water spray. I don't expect that to be enough to make it through another New England winter.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:12 am 

carbuff wrote:
Actually, someone local on craigslist is selling a leaf for fairly cheap. Seems like a shame to let my 30 amp charger go to waste. LOL.

No matter how cheap used Leafs are I don't think I'd buy one...the styling is just too, you know, and I'd be constantly worrying about battery fade. I'm very happy with the Volt we're leasing, 3000 EV miles so far. The deals for buying or leasing new EVs in MA are very good. I probably won't buy it out at the end of the 3 years but who knows.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:57 am 

tinilk wrote:
carbuff wrote:

No matter how cheap used Leafs are I don't think I'd buy one...the styling is just too, you know, and I'd be constantly worrying about battery fade. I'm very happy with the Volt we're leasing, 3000 EV miles so far. The deals for buying or leasing new EVs in MA are very good. I probably won't buy it out at the end of the 3 years but who knows.

Yeah, they are a bit too fugly for me too. I dont want to be that guy with the weenie mobile. LOL. I dont know what nissan did about the battery problem, if they upped the warranty or anything like they did with their cvt transmission problems on other cars. Id only buy one if it was older and very cheap. I dont drive very far. But, its official. I am no longer a FFE owner. I got my check today, cleared out my stuff from the car, and was on my way. It was sad to see my car with half the interior missing. LOL. I got most of my payments back and most of my downpayment. I figured that between not having legal fees, driving the car for 3 months and having a new loaner for 8 months, I did ok. Much better than what Ford was offering......which was nothing. LOL. So, its time to mothball my 30 amp home evse, maybe Ill get a plug in something, some day. Im sure by that time it will be wireless charging, like cell phones. I will still monitor all this stuff and add my 2 cents now and then. I figure Ive had all the well known problems so I can probably help someone else out. And Good luck to all those with similar problems like I had. I hope your cars get fixed!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:47 am 

Keep your old vin. Maybe we'll see it pop up on an auction site somewhere... It would be interesting to learn the eventual fate of your old FFE.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:11 am 

triangles wrote:
Keep your old vin. Maybe we'll see it pop up on an auction site somewhere... It would be interesting to learn the eventual fate of your old FFE.

Yup, Im betting on the middle east.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:25 pm 

You can always buy a beater and put an order in for a TM3 or wait for the e-Plus Leaf. There's always the Bolt you could get now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:46 pm 

triangles wrote:
You can always buy a beater and put an order in for a TM3 or wait for the e-Plus Leaf. There's always the Bolt you could get now.

If you go for the Bolt get a 2019: For 2019 they added "Target Charge Level" (e.g. how much you want to charge the battery to):
https://youtu.be/t1wIowLKrfs?t=149

(I'm hoping they offer this feature to "older" ! LOL Bolt owners. My 2018 Bolt only has Full or "Hilltop Reserve" which charges it to 88%).

2014 Thor Axis (V-10)
2013 Focus Electric (lease returned Jan 2016 for the C-Max above)
https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:14 pm 

triangles wrote:

Oh, I picked up a beater a few weeks ago when I felt a quick end might be in sight. Ive now got a 07 V8 jeep commander. 12 mpg, 4wd goodness. LOL. The polar opposite of my EV. Didnt chevy make some other little electric car other than the volt and bolt?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:35 pm 

carbuff wrote:
triangles wrote:

Oh, I picked up a beater a few weeks ago when I felt a quick end might be in sight. Ive now got a 07 V8 jeep commander. 12 mpg, 4wd goodness. LOL. The polar opposite of my EV. Didnt chevy make some other little electric car other than the volt and bolt?

Yes: The Spark.
https://www.carmax.com/cars/chevrolet/spark-ev

2014 Thor Axis (V-10)
2013 Focus Electric (lease returned Jan 2016 for the C-Max above)
https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next