SYNC Crashed?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott210

Good morning. First post and proud owner of a brand new '17 FFE here. I've enjoyed all 47 miles so far, but this greeted me this morning:

7wbqiYX.jpg

The buttons across the bottom work and the radio still plays, so I am getting Christmas music, but none of the rest of the buttons work. Also, my phone disconnects from power and reconnects every few seconds when connected to a USB port. Is SYNC crashed? Any idea how to reset it?

scott210 said:
Good morning. First post and proud owner of a brand new '17 FFE here. I've enjoyed all 47 miles so far, but this greeted me this morning:

7wbqiYX.jpg

The buttons across the bottom work and the radio still plays, so I am getting Christmas music, but none of the rest of the buttons work. Also, my phone disconnects from power and reconnects every few seconds when connected to a USB port. Is SYNC crashed? Any idea how to reset it?
I think there's a fuse, maybe in the trunk on the left side? That said, if you have the time, I would take it back to the dealer and demand they fix it. Software updates or whatnot... if this is a case of lemon hardware, bad harness or connection, you would want to get a service record going early on so it can be fixed. Second time it happens after a firmware update, take it back & complain, etc ... eventually they'd have to replace hardware.

Fwiw, I have never seen this happen in my '17 FFE.

This reset itself by the next time I got in the car, in case anyone else sees this happen. If it becomes a thing, I'll definitely take it to the dealer.

Back