obd2 dongle error codes

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

So, I have an obd2 bluetooth dongle laying around. I decided to plug it into my ffe and see what it says. I downloaded fordsys free to my phone and paired it with the dongle. All seems fine, some modules cant be found but under the abs section there are all these codes. Also under the restraint section there are some. Im thinking its just because the program doesnt know what a ffe is or that my dongle isnt meant for it either. But then I remembered that my vehicle health report had a yellow triangle under the restraint section. citing incomplete data or something like that. Anyone else ever heard of this? Should I be worried about my abs and airbag systems? Or are these common errors due to incompatible software and such with the ffe.

Edit: Just ran an updated health report and every comes up as green check mark ok. Maybe the codes are just old codes that never got cleared?

jmueller065 said:
Try using Forscan instead. It knows about Ford's codes and can tell you more information.

ok, so I used forscan and it showed all the codes. First off, it says that none of the codes were present at the time of scan but were stored from an earlier time. There are multiple dtcs in the abs section, the apim section and the body control section. All of them refer to loss of communication or power failure. Could these have been caused when my 12v battery died? It was dead when I initially looked at the car. I know that the 12v is brand new too. The car works fine but I wonder what caused all those codes to be stored. Could they be the result of the dealler performing the recalls on the car and just forgetting to clear codes when done?

Carbuff said:
ok, so I used forscan and it showed all the codes. First off, it says that none of the codes were present at the time of scan but were stored from an earlier time. There are multiple dtcs in the abs section, the apim section and the body control section. All of them refer to loss of communication or power failure. Could these have been caused when my 12v battery died? It was dead when I initially looked at the car. I know that the 12v is brand new too. The car works fine but I wonder what caused all those codes to be stored. Could they be the result of the dealler performing the recalls on the car and just forgetting to clear codes when done?
Yeah that would be my guess: some modules draw more power than others and thus will stay alive a little bit longer (or were kept alive by the big battery).

If it drives ok and has no codes at present I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I freaked out my car on a couple of occasions (drained battery, towing, etc.) and after a few restarts it was fine.

Back