audible reverse proximity sensor

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Ok, my 2013 has the sensors in the rear bumper for the audible proximity reverse alarm. It must be turned off as Ive not heard a single beep out of them yet. Ive had other newer ford cars with this feature so Im used to how it should work. Where is the setting to turn it on or off. Ive found a setting in the message center for "park aid" and it is set to on. Ive also found the settings in the sync to enables the guidelines and such in the reverse camera. The manual states that the on/off switch for the "reverse sensing system" is in the message center. I cant find it. Is that what the "park aid" setting is? If so, then mines broken.

"Park Aid" was what I was thinking as I started to read your entry; but it looks like you've already tried that. I think what they mean by message sensor is the screen to the left of the speedometer. Go through the menu there and see if you see anything. I'll look the next time I'm at my car.

I just started getting the warning about the "mobility kit" needing to be serviced. Apparently the "fix-a-flat" like can attached to the tire inflater expires and needs replacement...about $35. The reset for that message is in the left side display.

Back