2017 - Charge Lock button near shifter?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PuZo

Just picked up my brand new 2017 and loving it so far! Been going through everything slowly but I found this button that I'm not sure exactly what it does? it's also not listed in the manual so I'm not sure what to make of it. Any ideas? I believe it's to lock the charging cable, if so, how do I use it?

20170920_150155.jpg

Thanks!

PuZo said:
Just picked up my brand new 2017 and loving it so far! Been going through everything slowly but I found this button that I'm not sure exactly what it does? it's also not listed in the manual so I'm not sure what to make of it. Any ideas? I believe it's to lock the charging cable, if so, how do I use it?

Thanks!

It's an "unlock" button.

When you perform Level 3 charging (DC Fast Charging), there's a solenoid in the charge port that locks the handle so you can't pull it out. You have to stop the charging first before that unlocks, typically you do it from the charging station (stop button or pass your RFID card over the mobile payment terminal again to terminate), but if it's not working, you can request the car halt the charging using that button... which should unlock it shortly after. If it doesn't work, there's a procedure for forcing the charge port to unlock IIRC.

Back