myford app subscription

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi, I just bought a 2013 ffe. The initial service date is 8/2013, so all the warranty and stuff start from that date. How long is the subscription to the myford app for. I had read 5 years somewhere and that it went with the car. So using this logic I figured I had a year left. Ive tried to register the car on the myford website. It lets me do the first 2 steps but I never recieve the confirmation message on my nav screen. I have checked the sync info and I have a modem esn shown. But on the ford owners site it still shows the fsa for the modem replacement. Is that most likely the problem? If I had no subscription left, would it still let me register the car? The car was ford cpo and I was assured that all of the recalls were taken care of so I figured the modem issue would have been taken care of too but I guess not. Is that likely my problem? I was able to generate a vehicle health report through my cell phone, if that means anything.

The old modem used AT&T's 2G network. At&T shut down their obsolete 2G network at the end of last year. That's why you're not getting any communication with the car. Go get your new 3G modem installed and it should work. If it still shows the recall on owner.ford.com then whoever sold it to you lied as once the FSA is done the FSA disappears from the website. I would insist they provide a free rental while they perform the FSA that they lied about already being done.

My start of service date was June of 2017 and my ford mobile still works. My guess would be that Ford would be more interested in the car's data than to let the service expire.

davideos said:
My start of service date was June of 2017 and my ford mobile still works. My guess would be that Ford would be more interested in the car's data than to let the service expire.

Did you mean 2013 because june of 2017 is just a few months.

triangles said:
The old modem used AT&T's 2G network. At&T shut down their obsolete 2G network at the end of last year. That's why you're not getting any communication with the car. Go get your new 3G modem installed and it should work. If it still shows the recall on owner.ford.com then whoever sold it to you lied as once the FSA is done the FSA disappears from the website. I would insist they provide a free rental while they perform the FSA that they lied about already being done.

Ok, then that solves the mystery. I had heard stories of dealers telling people that the new modem was not a mandatory thing and that they would not replace it. I also have 2 other fsas on the car. One about extending the warranty on the power harness and another about extending the warranty on some module. Should those be there all the time, do they actually require some action by the dealer? The actual fsa numbers open are 12m02, 15n04, and 15n03. Do all of these require action?

Carbuff said:
triangles said:

Ok, then that solves the mystery. I had heard stories of dealers telling people that the new modem was not a mandatory thing and that they would not replace it. I also have 2 other fsas on the car. One about extending the warranty on the power harness and another about extending the warranty on some module. Should those be there all the time, do they actually require some action by the dealer? The actual fsa numbers open are 12m02, 15n04, and 15n03. Do all of these require action?
The two extended warranty items do not require a dealer visit.

Since the modem was not replaced, go to a Ford dealer. They will look up all the outstanding recalls. If they have the parts, they can do the work at the same time as the modem.

The Ford owner's website is sometimes out of date for recalls and service bulletins. Especially when you just bought the car used. A dealer can access the real accurate history.

It will probably need door latches. There was a massive recall for Focus door latches.

EVA said:
Carbuff said:
triangles said:

The two extended warranty items do not require a dealer visit.

Since the modem was not replaced, go to a Ford dealer. They will look up all the outstanding recalls. If they have the parts, they can do the work at the same time as the modem.

The Ford owner's website is sometimes out of date for recalls and service bulletins. Especially when you just bought the car used. A dealer can access the real accurate history.

It will probably need door latches. There was a massive recall for Focus door latches.

Thanks for the response. When I bought the car I was told that they had performed all the recalls. He specifically cited the door latch recall. I knew about that one from my 2014 fusion needing it. I guess they dont do the modem replacement unless a customer requests it? Since its not a safety issue?

FYI the one for the extended warranty on the APIM module is the touch screen module. I don't remember why they decided to extend the warranty on it. Anyway there is nothing for the dealer to do with that one and it is till shows up as an active on mine too. I guess if your APIM module dies and the dealer sees the warranty extension they know they can replace it under warranty.

triangles said:
FYI the one for the extended warranty on the APIM module is the touch screen module. I don't remember why they decided to extend the warranty on it. Anyway there is nothing for the dealer to do with that one and it is till shows up as an active on mine too. I guess if your APIM module dies and the dealer sees the warranty extension they know they can replace it under warranty.
The warranty extension on the APIM module covers free sync/mft updates. The extension was Ford half-admitting that MyFord Touch was buggy and may need many updates.

Carbuff said:
davideos said:

Did you mean 2013 because june of 2017 is just a few months.
Yeah...I meant 2012!

Back