need help

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukin0

There is something wrong with the whole route. But I don't know how to handle with this.
Anyone can help me?

Nav system?
I use google maps and study the details a bit... usually just use the Nav system for a convenient real-time view of the map.

The FFE is the first car I ever owned with a nav system. I asked the salesman to show me how it worked. He was shocked I couldn't do it already. I reminded him this car was replacing an '86 Fiero GT.

He went through how to use all the features. When he was done I said that I couldn't drive more than 35 miles without turning around to come home, and 99% of the time I'd be driving to places I'd been a hundred times before. Why would I need a nav system?

He got a confused look, then admitted he had no idea why I'd need one.

And, yes, I know how to use it to estimate range to empty to keep from a stranding. But I've never used it to direct me from Point A to Point B in almost two years of driving.

kalel14 said:
The FFE is the first car I ever owned with a nav system. I asked the salesman to show me how it worked. He was shocked I couldn't do it already. I reminded him this car was replacing an '86 Fiero GT.

He went through how to use all the features. When he was done I said that I couldn't drive more than 35 miles without turning around to come home, and 99% of the time I'd be driving to places I'd been a hundred times before. Why would I need a nav system?

He got a confused look, then admitted he had no idea why I'd need one.

And, yes, I know how to use it to estimate range to empty to keep from a stranding. But I've never used it to direct me from Point A to Point B in almost two years of driving.

I thought the same thing when I found out that the ffe came with nav. Why do I need nav in a car that is for the most part a puddle jumper. Do people really drive long distances with this thing going from charger to charger and waiting 3 hours every 75 miles?

Carbuff I ONCE used mine to go from Toledo, OH to Cleveland, OH and back in late December. Because there was nothing at the half way point I had to do two stops but they were only about a one hour and a two hour stop. It's a great way to make what should be a 2 hour one way trip into 5-6+ hours :) I put emphasis on "once" because I'll never do that again. The nav was handy for telling me I was on the hairy edge of making the next charge stop and I had to slow down to make it.

The Nav on MFT equipped FFE's was quite helpful. If you always answer "Yes" to the "will you charge at the destination" question it then the +/- gauge on the dash becomes very useful.

Quite often I would plug my entire route into the Nav (using waypoints) and could use the gauge to moderate my speed to ensure I got there/home/etc. or not or if I needed to charge somewhere.

I use my nav system ALL THE TIME! The onboard nav system is extremely useful on longer trips to tell how much "surplus" I have to my charging location. I also use my FFE as my run around car and it's really nice to just say "Find a POI" and have the nav system find the quickest route to my next destination.

There are cases where I like to use Apple CarPlay instead of the onboard nav system. It's often easier to find places I want to go on my phone and then send the Apple Map to the car through CarPlay. PlugShare will send charging stations through CarPlay but then you lose the "surplus" feature.

I dont think my car will ever leave its 35 mile radius. LOL. Charging stations are few and far between by me and most are Tesla only or just a 220 outlet at some business. Nothing at the large regional shopping mall or at any of the state parks. Im very disappointed by this. But then again, I should be used to NY being a total bust for anything good. Whenever you see some great offer for something on tv and there is an asterix, you can bet that "not available in NY" is part of it. LOL. I find the nav system clunky and the screen is too hard to press sometimes. trying to locate a poi that is not "nearby" is a 10 minute affair. I would love to use it to determine if I will make it round trip without a charge but its just easier to google it and do the math in my head. And sadly I dont know what half the stuff on my dash pods means. LOL. I have a manual coming in the mail soon. I downloaded the pdf version but its not the same as looking at the manual while sitting in the car.

Back