Scheduled to begin charging soon and needs to be plugged in?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triangles

I have no value charge profile and my car is set to charge now. So why am I getting notifications that my car is scheduled to being charging soon and needs to be plugged in? They are at seemingly random times.

I was messing around with the notifications and I have plugin reminder selected. I thought this was only for when you have value charge enabled but maybe it sends reminders a while after you park and haven't plugged in?

Ah this happens to me once or twice a day.... im searched for how to turn this off but havent figured it out yet.... funny thing is yesterday i got the text and the car was actually plugged in! i thought maybe i forgot to plug in so i went to the garage but sure enough it was... so confused.

This has been happening to me for about 2-3 months now as well. Once or twice per day. Also sometimes get the "Car has been unplugged" message when it is not plugged in at all.

Also, most of my data in the myfordmobile website has disappeared. Hardly ever use that but occasionally like to compare my Wh/mile average over time to see if it was similar year to year at certain times.

It is possible Ford (or more likely the vendor Ford chose) has been making changes to the backend software lately causing all these spurious updates/notifications.

Oddly I haven't seen any such thing with my C-Max (i think I have all the notifications turned off except for "fully charged").

Back