FiSh

Chrome/FireFox extension for MyFordMobile to load/save full trip log

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:44 am

It was kinda frustrating that My Ford Mobile website didn't give full trip and charge log (only last 30 items were available). So I created a little chrome/firefox extension that would load more and more log items if you wish. (the capability was there on the server side, it's just front-end developers were lazy to implement paging)
I also added "Save All" button to export full log in a raw .json format that is coming from the server. The .json file can be then converted to a readable .csv table using web service like this

Update:
Seems like Ford is clearing entries after some time (around 100 trip entries are left)
So if you want to keep track of your driving stats, better save them regularly.

Update 15/07/2019:
Ford now keeps logs for at least 1 year. This caused issues saving the log as it got really big. I fixed it in version 1.3 of the extension.
Also works on .eu version of the myfordmobile
Last edited by FiSh on Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:33 am, edited 5 times in total.
2017 FFE, Oxford White

spirilis

Re: Chrome extension for MyFordMobile to load/save full trip

Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:20 am

FiSh wrote:It was kinda frustrating that My Ford Mobile website didn't give full trip and charge log (only last 30 items were available). So I created a little chrome extension that would load more and more log items if you wish. (the capability was there on the server side, it's just front-end developers were lazy to implement paging)
I also added "Save All" button to export full log in a raw .json format that is coming from the server. The .json file can be then converted to a readable .csv table using web service like this
Thanks! I installed this and I'm looking at the MFM website, Trip & Charge log, but I don't see any new buttons?
2017 Ford Focus Electric (Magnetic)
2017 Ford C-Max Energi SE (Kona Blue)

FiSh

Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:30 am

spirilis wrote: Thanks! I installed this and I'm looking at the MFM website, Trip & Charge log, but I don't see any new buttons?
Go to this page and see at the bottom right blue "More" and red "Save All" links.
Last edited by FiSh on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
2017 FFE, Oxford White

spirilis

Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:33 am

FiSh wrote:
spirilis wrote: Thanks! I installed this and I'm looking at the MFM website, Trip & Charge log, but I don't see any new buttons?
Go to this page and see at the bottom right blue "More" and red "Save All" links.
I see; my main bookmark for MFM is "www.myfordmobile.com" which wasn't working. Chopping off the www. prefix works.
2017 Ford Focus Electric (Magnetic)
2017 Ford C-Max Energi SE (Kona Blue)

FiSh

Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:39 am

spirilis wrote: I see; my main bookmark for MFM is "www.myfordmobile.com" which wasn't working. Chopping off the www. prefix works.
Thanks for pointing that out. I updated it to work both ways.
Also fixed a little error in the script that would cause skipping some log entries when you click "More" for the first time. (the update might take some time to see in the chrome store)
2017 FFE, Oxford White

joeyfraser

Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:35 pm

Thanks for sharing your work with us! :D

ghiebert

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:22 pm

That is fan-TAS-tic! Thank you so much!
2017 FFE Magnetic

FiSh

Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:24 am

Seems like Ford is clearing entries after some time (around 100 entries are left) My driving stats are not available past September 27th, charging stats are there though.
So if you want to keep track of your driving stats, better save them regularly.
2017 FFE, Oxford White

FiSh

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:35 am

To date more then 500 trip&charge entries (from November) available for me, so either Ford stopped clearing them or increased maximum amount
2017 FFE, Oxford White

no6mis

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:41 pm

Hi,

could you please make your extension also work with myfordmobile.eu?! The underlying server side capabilities should be the same.

Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Simon

Return to “General / Main Focus Electric Owners Forum”