Those of you with replaced Lemons

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottt

Staff member
Did you have to get a Lemon Lawyer, or did Ford handle it directly?

My 2015 has been in for 3 TCU replacements, now in for the second time on AdvanceTrac failure, one dead battery, repeated MyKey issues, etc.

My lemon claim was just denied by Ford. Next step a lawyer?

For those of you who ended up needing lawyers, did Ford pay for the fees?

Thx!

I have not had to pursue this with my Focus, but I did do a lemon law claim on a 2004 Nissan Armada in 2005. I used a lawyer (can't remember who it was), and they charged me $750 to write a letter to Nissan demanding a buyback, and threatening a lawsuit if they refused. Nissan responded within two weeks accepting the buyback. I received all costs (including maintenance, finance charges and registration) minus a mileage charge from the first occurrence of a problem. The $750 came out of my pocket, but I did not have to pay them that amount if Nissan had not settled. I have no idea if Nissan also paid the lawyer.

My vehicle had been in for three repairs for faulty brakes (warped rotors). Nissan had acknowledged the issue with the 2004 model year, and had upgraded the brake rotors and calipers for 2005 and later vehicles. I live in California, since lemon laws vary depending on where you live. For California, a vehicle is considered a lemon if it has been in the shop 3 times or more for the same problem (2 times for a safety related problem), or has been out of service for 30 days or more within the first 18 months or 18,000 miles of ownership.

Keith

I think VA is similar. So if you're past the 18 months, it doesn't matter how many times your car goes into the shop, too bad?

scottt said:
I think VA is similar. So if you're past the 18 months, it doesn't matter how many times your car goes into the shop, too bad?

No, now it becomes an issue that may need to be litigated. The 18K/18mos was automatic. Beyond that was case by case.

However, I'm not a lawyer, and I've never played one on TV.....my advice? Google lemon law lawyers in your state and look over their webpages. Most will have links to the specifics of the laws in your state.

Keith

I had my '14 replaced and had started by using a lemon lawyer who was just doing nothing useful besides writing a letter to FORD and being "denied". As soon as you lawyer up Ford become very unfriendly to you.

The way I did this is via the BBB that is suggested in the Ford owners manual...they were super friendly and kept following up at every step and kept me informed. Was very easy to file but again my case was 11 month old car with 11k miles at the shop for over 5 months with no end in sight.

COST was ZERO.

The stupid part is the lemon lawyer sent me 1000$ bill for doing "nothing".

https://www.bbb.org/autoline/bbb-auto-line-process/how-bbb-auto-line-works/

Back