Charge port LED ring dying.

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triangles

So for about a week or two I noticed the first quadrant of my charge port failed to light up. I took it in Yesterday and when I went to show them the 1st quadrant wouldn't illuminate, nothing was illuminating. It's possible but I didn't think the battery was that low that the second quadrant wouldn't light up. Anyway the dealer called me a couple hours after I dropped it off saying that the charge port was bad and they had ordered a new one that should arrive in 2 days. We'll find out if it has indeed has been fixed later this week. I'm also going to inquire which warranty that part falls under. Since I'm 2.5 years into my FFE ownership, I wonder if I'll be doing this again in 2.5 years.

Mine is also dying. Ford dealership wants $800 to replace, say its part of an assembly.

toddh said:
Mine is also dying. Ford dealership wants $800 to replace, say its part of an assembly.
That seems very expensive for a sub $100 part...

https://www.parts.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=store.PartInfo&PartNumber=CM5Z10370D&VehicleID=377476&diagram=JL12071&Title%3DFORD-CHARGING-PORT-to-1%2F29%2F15-CHARGING-PORT

Back