Strange series of error messages.

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triangles

Today I got to work and turned off my FFE. Realizing I had left the wipers on and wanting to have them turned off (and in the retracted position), I turned the car back on while still in park. I immediately got a SSN error followed by a parking assist failed error followed by a coolant over temp error, etc etc. I had turned the car back off before thinking of videoing the strange series of errors. Of course and thankfully all was ok when I turned it back on. Hopefully it's just a glitch caused by turning the car back on immediately after turning it off and not a harbinger of things to come. Has anyone else seen strange errors like this?

triangles said:
Today I got to work and turned off my FFE. Realizing I had left the wipers on and wanting to have them turned off (and in the retracted position), I turned the car back on while still in park. I immediately got a SSN error followed by a parking assist failed error followed by a coolant over temp error, etc etc. I had turned the car back off before thinking of videoing the strange series of errors. Of course and thankfully all was ok when I turned it back on. Hopefully it's just a glitch caused by turning the car back on immediately after turning it off and not a harbinger of things to come. Has anyone else seen strange errors like this?
The only time I've ever seen anything close to that was when I towed the car on a dolly. Apparently when you do that it messes with the traction control system and I got a ton of errors that took 3 or 4 "key" cycles to clear out.

I'm guessing you are correct: You turned the car back on when stuff was still shutting down causing modules to be missed and errors generated.

That makes sense. Thanks. So I guess that's why they don't want the FFE towed on a dolly then. I was mildly concerned I might have a greater problem brewing since I noticed a few days ago that the first quadrant on the charge ring no longer illuminates. If they ever get the parts in for the door latch recall I'll have them fix the charge port ring at the same time. But then it will probably take them 6 months to get the parts to fix the light ring.

I've given mine fits by accidentally letting of the brake while hitting the power button to turn it on. It throws "starting system fault", "stop safely now", among other things that I can't remember. It's sensitive. :lol:

Back